“Wish all hotels could be like this” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leicester Marriott Hotel

You added Leicester Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Leicester Marriott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Smith Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester LE19 1SW, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Enderby
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wish all hotels could be like this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

This is a new hotel in a convenient location, if you are on business then this is the place for you.

The hotel is modern, clean and comfortable. The staff were the friendliest and most professional I have come across. The food was excellent, there was an Indian buffet when I stayed, and the gym looked modern and well stocked.

I will definitely be staying here again when I'm next in town.

• Liked — Very comfortable, modern hotel with good factilites and professional staffU
  • Disliked — Using the wireless internet costs £15 per 24h
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LeicesterMarriottGM, General Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2009
Thank you for your recent review of the Leicester Marriott Hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. All of the team at Leicester are committed to delivering fantastic levels of customer service and will really appreciate your comments. All feedback from guests is exceptionally welcome as it enables us to identify our areas of strength and also develop areas where feedback indicates a need. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

We stayed for two nights (Fri/Sat) at the Marriott Leicester for a family celebration week-end. We got a 25% discounted promotional rate for Marriott points members so we only paid £65 per room B&B. Given our whole experience of the week-end's stay, this was good value for money and we would still have been delighted had we paid the full rate.

Reception staff were excellent throughout, helping with various local area enquiries and allowing us to extend our check-out until 1pm on the day of departure, which was a real bonus so we could spend time in the pool after breakfast.

Rooms were spacious, well equipped and had a well considered layout. My Mum put it perfectly - "everything is where you want it" - e.g. plug sockets in front of the mirror, big flat-screen TV at the foot of the bed, etc. Since the hotel is only just over a year old everything is in immaculate condition with no signs of wear & tear anywhere throughout the room or the whole hotel. (Our plugs could not take a phone charger so I am not sure I would say how great they were)

Service in the foyer bar was exceptional. We never waited more than a few moments once sat down until a waiter or waitress came over to ask if they could get us anything. All the drinks were very well made and prettily presented. Of course they are not cheap and aimed at business travelers but no worse than any other hotel with a good seating area. For dinners, we ate one night in Cini – an Italian restaurant 5 mins taxi away (you can read my review on that separately if you wish) and another night in Mixx, the hotel restaurant. The service and food in the Mixx restaurant was excellent, much better than we had expected for a hotel restaurant.

The leisure centre in the hotel was also very good. My Dad used the swimming pool twice each day and we met up as a family on the Sunday late morning for a splash-around with the children. The changing rooms were clean and smart with big lockers, lovely big powerful showers, and towels provided separate to the ones in your room. The pool isn’t huge but they sensibly create a lane for serious swimmers so those going in with children are also catered for.

A special mention should go to Michael, the concierge, who was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and deserving of his own mention on TripAdvisor.

One other thing I should add - opening hours: The leisure centre is open from 6am (if I recall correctly), which suited my Dad perfectly. Breakfast also had really long opening hours - until 11am on week-ends I think it was. These things do make such a difference to our enjoyment.

We would definitely return to this hotel and might even look for excuses to go back to this area of the country (we live in London) just to revisit the hotel.

• Liked — Modern, spacious rooms. Long opening hours of leisure & breakfast. Excellent service at all times. Great food & drinks. Everything!
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like. I honestly couldn't fault it.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LeicesterMarriottGM, General Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2009
Many thanks for your recent comments following your stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel, it was great to read your kind observations & I am delighted that you and your family had a comfortable stay. I have passed on your special mention to Michael and on behalf of the whole team at Leicester we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott for one night for my husbands birthday.
On arrival we were a little daunted to find most of the hotel was booked out for a conference and the atrium reception was packed with the conference members having a buffet.
We were meeting family for lunch and there didn't seem anywhere for us to sit.
We didn't need to worry though as a very friendly,but professional member of waiting staff ,whos name I have unfortunately forgotten,found us a lovely comfy spot,even plumping the sofa cushions up before we sat down.
The lunch was very reasonably priced for a hotel of its class and the portions were very generous (none of us could manage to finish our meal) and very well presented.
We had a selection of dishes and we all commented on how delicious they were.
The rooms are very well presented with all the necessary facilities,the only thing I missed was a bathrobe,but presume they would be availible in a more superior room.
The beds were wonderfully comfortable with lovely bedlinen and fortunately breakfast the next morning was until11am as we found it hard to get out of bed.
If we had one small niggle it would be that we were given a letter on arrival and informed that the Mixx Restaurant would be closed that evening (sat) which i presume was due to the conference.
Food was availible in the lounge area and in your room,but I think most guests eating at the hotel would choose the main restaurant on a Saturday evening.
It didnt inconvienience us as we had booked a city restaurant,but I do think it would have been a courtesy to have been told before arrival.
We didn't however book direct with the hotel so this may have been why we weren't informed.
This point aside we had a fabulous stay and would say that you would not be dissapointed with a stay at the Leicester Marriott.
We will definately be back.Thankyou to all at The Marriott.

• Liked — Professional service and cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LeicesterMarriottGM, General Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2009
Many thanks for you kind feedback, I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel & I will be sharing your comments with all of the team, who will be equally delighted. I would really value the opportunity to discuss the closure of the Mixx Restaurant with you. On the date in question we had a large residential conference and only a small number of guests not associated with the event were in house, on this occasion we took a rare business decision to not open the Mixx; however I feel that your comments are fully justified & I will be reviewing them in detail with the management team.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

My wife, brother in law, his fiancee & myself booked in at the Marriott for the 31st Dec 2008 for a night's stay.

-Rooms were nice, clean and modern.
-Room service was a bit slow.
-Breakfast was OK, not to be recommended.

Overall the stay was comfortable!!!

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Room Service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LeicesterMarriottGM, General Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2009
Many thanks for your recent feedback, following your stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel. It is my primary goal to ensure that guests fully enjoy all aspects of their stay at the hotel. With this in mind I would be delighted if you would call me at the hotel to discuss your experiences with breakfast and room service, to enable me to identify where where improvements can be made in these areas, thus ensuring that all guests have an exceptional stay.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Really modern, clean and comfortable hotel. The rooms are very modern with very large beds and a nice clean bathroom. The facilities in the hotel are very good with plenty of parking outside. I've stayed at the Hilton down the road and that simply is like a travelodge compared to the Marriot! Stay here, even if it does cost you a few pounds more. Definitely looking forward to staying again.

• Liked — Modern and Clean, good service.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LeicesterMarriottGM, General Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2009
Thank you for your recent comments & observations following your stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and both myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. With best wishes for 2009
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

Great value for money - Im a fan of premier travel inns but this was only £20 quid more, when you take in to account breakfast, and worth every penny. My girlfriend was very impressed.

Nice big Christmas tree with lots of lights was the perfect welcome. Free parking at the weekend (not sure what happens in the week) and very easy to find, just off the M1.

Check-in staff were efficient and there was always a lift available to take you up to the rooms.

Room was big, bed massive with lots of soft cushions and a great mattress. Bathroom very clean and had a nice powerful shower.

Downstairs was a nice relaxed atmosphere with 2 or 3 places to eat and drink. Leicester city-center was only a few minutes away and there is a retail park opposite.

Always nice to go down for a hotel breakfast and this was no exception; lots of juice, tea and coffe, toast and pastries and a decent hot range too.

Only niggles: internet is at extra cost - considering how cheap the net is these days i really think its about time it was thrown in with the cost of the room. And we had to wait for 5-10 mins for sausages at breakfast - and they were only just cooked when they did come.

Special mention for Brendon on reception (helpful and friendly) and Georgia on room service (nice and bonnie).

• Liked — The bed, Christmas tree, staff efficiency
  • Disliked — Couldnt get free internet access
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LeicesterMarriottGM, General Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2008
Many thanks for your recent comments following your stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel, it was great to read your kind observations. I have noted all of your comments for further discussion with the team at Leicester as it is my aim to ensure that all feedback is thoroughly discussed. I will pass on your special mentions to Brendon and Georgia.
With best wishes for the festive season.
Shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Modern Marriott with spacious reception/ bar/ lounge area.
Bedrooms are just as roomy, food is also very good- theme nights in the side bar (Tanners I think) are very reasonable buffet style afffairs. Service is very good too.
My only compalint would be that black pudding is not alway on the breakfast menu?

• Liked — It's a Marriott
  • Disliked — Liecester
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the the buffet evening in Tanners.
I have discussed your feedback regarding breakfast with our Executive Head Chef, with regard to the lack of Black Pudding, if you encounter this issue on future stays, please do not hesitate to ask a member of the team and where ever possible they will arrange for some to be freshly prepared.

Been to Leicester Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!