“Excellent place to be” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Legon B&B and Inns
Lagos, Nigeria
“Excellent place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Am a Tourist and Tour Consultant based in Nigeria. Hotel Obama is a place to be whenever in Accra, GH, quite simple enough for me. I was there early 2012, and i had a really good time and certainly will be there again soon as i've planned to be in GH again sometime in 2013. Very hospitable staff and management with good clean and cosy environment and above all just few minutes away from Accra airport, what more do i need? Good place to be, anytime.

Room Tip: good and quieter rooms upstairs
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lagos, Nigeria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I and my husband visited the hotel for our honeymoon, we where told the internet are working and on getting to our room, it wasnt working working atall. We call the staff attention to it and noting was done. The rooms are just there, they aint cosy @ll, we manage to spend one night there and the next mornin we where out of the place cus my husband cant it.
We later went to a nicer one even far far lesser than Hotel Obama. I guess its a bit on the high side because it one their major road.

Room Tip: Look for a better one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was a nice place to stay in a nice quiet area, not too far from the airport. I had a really great first trip to Ghana and this simple hotel certainly added to the journey. The staff were friendly, the food was nice and the room was all I needed in a room. Clean, simple and air conditioned. A fridge to keep my water cold and a TV.

They were also able to recommend a great English guy to help show me the ropes in Ghana. A really nice way of getting to know Ghana, whilst learning about how to be safe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

my name is Kofi ampofo base in uk.have been to hotel obama couple of times and i enjoyed my stay over there.The place is nice and tidy.The management is up to the standard, the staffs are friendly and very helpfull.i made friendship with a member of staff call Francis.Have recommended a number of travellers and they seems to be happy likes it as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

We visited hotel Obama in 2010 after reading great reviews and seeing lovely pictures. The room was fairly clean however there was unfinished wiring hanging out the wall when we told them it wasn't safe with a child nothing was done. APart from the room the whole place is dark the lights do work on the corridors it's like their saving electricity which means you don't feel welcome to use the large communal room. We ordered 4 cooked breakfast all of which was served in pieces some a whole meal later bringing another one just not what you expect to all eat separately. The following day when I asked to use the kitchen to boil bottles I realised why the breakfast was bad because in actual fact there is no working kitchen just a school boy with a kettle small work bench n totally not a working kitchen which is unacceptable. The staff however were very friendly and it's a Shame the hotel cannot live up to it. At the front it looks beautiful but indoors n behind the scenes not good. We paid 70 dollars for one night. We decided to move on after 2 nights to a recommended hotel down the way which was far more better.

• Stayed November 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

Recently I visited Ghana and I am totally thrilled that Hotel Obama was the hotel choice I made!I can honestly say that staying there was one my my trip's greatest highlights. I came to the country because I'd heard wonderful things and knew I had to add it to my bucketlist. The staff members were not only friendly,attentive, and helpful but were able to anticipate all my tourist needs. With shuttle to various sites they ensured that my trip was nothing short of memorable! If I ever get the chance to visit Ghana again myself and my family will stay at HOTEL OBAMA!

• Stayed February 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

This hotel was nice because the site is clean and quaint. The atmosphere was cordial and always welcoming. It seemed to represent the traditional African friendliness but also the modern upbeat air that I am used to. I liked that the hotel had a store that could be visited at convenient times. The food service was delicious and I did not feel bothered by the locals seeking to sell things to guests. I enjoyed my stay, although it was a short stay of only a few days I would definitely suggest for other Americans to visit the Town and Country Plaza Hotel. My visit was to see friends in Accra, Osu and other cities; the hotel was close by and did not take much effort to reach. My friends were also able to easily locate the hotel. After staying with my friends for some time too, I began to miss the amenities of the hotel! I would love to visit Ghana again and hope to find the same service, surely I will at this hotel!

• Liked — I liked the staff at the hotel that made me feel welcome and tended to my needs.
  • Disliked — I liked least that the location was a reccomendation. I wish I would've found it first!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Obama? Share your experiences!