“Absolutely brilliant stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
london
“Absolutely brilliant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel since it first opened, and it has just got better and better. The staff are really friendly and helpful, we couldnt have felt more welcome. Just little things like free tickets to the hotel festival (which is amazing), little cup cakes in our room, and the most fantastic breakie I had in my stay in Ireland. Spacious modern rooms, with clean bathrooms full of yummy toiletries just makes all the difference. Theres also an attached row of shops attached to the hotel where you can buy Irish homemade food and wines. Well done Hotel Doolin we'll be back year after year now!

Room Tip: I think they are all the same, get up early for breakie it gets busy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night before going across to the islands ,Rooms are clean and adequate,food in restaurant was excellent and they had live music too!staff were very helpful and informative.we taught this hotel offered very good value for money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear brad b,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Doolin. It is great to read that you found the food in our restaurant excellent and our staff helpful and informative.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to the area dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Check in was very quick and pleasant, received complementary muffins and vouchers for a local beer which are very inexpensive but lovely touches. The rooms are tastefully decorated and beds very comfortable. The toiletries smell beautiful, especially the shower gel, I should have bought one before I left.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and it was the best meal myself and my husband have ever had. We had black pudding and sea food chowder for starter and chicken & mushroom and steak for main. We couldn't have desert even though it was included in our deal. We were stuffed but the food was just amazing.

The breakfast the following morning was also beautiful. Fresh and tasty.

Spent time in O'Connors pub and the other pub up to the right of the hotel.

Had a great weekend and look forward to going back in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear fanDublin,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are pleased that you had a quick and pleasant check in and enjoyed our little extra touches including the organic Voya seaweed products that we have in our rooms.

I will make sure that the chefs hear, that you and your husband have the best meal you have ever had in our Chervil Restaurant.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Cherokee, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel Doolin was our choice of accommodation in Doolin to take the ferry across to the Aran Islands. Centrally located, The hotel was simple, lacking the Irish character we found so many other places, but clean and comfortable nonetheless. The adjoining restaurant offered a wonderful breakfast. Fitz's pub was resounding with music, the best mussels in Galway, and fun new friends.

Dear SeeingtheWorld66,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed a delicious breakfast in our Chervil Restaurant and enjoyed the music and mussels in Fitz's Bar.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is my 10th review for Tripadvisor, & I have travelled all over the world. I also come from a backround in the hospitality industry of 5* Hotels & I am delighted to say that this has been the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I have an eye for attention to detail & this hotel exceeded my expectations. While its wonderful for Doolin to have it, Dublin & other big cities could learn a thing or two from their standards. You definately will get a Cead Mile Failte here.
I booked through Venere & rang the hotel the day before I was due to arrive just to double check everything was ok with the booking. This was first time I spoke to Sarah who is a credit to the hotel, very helpful & professional.
We arrived at the hotel were checked in and then taken directly to our room, we were given vouchers to try the local beer and a box with two muffins.
Our room was on the ground floor, it had a double & single bed, there were bathrobes, a large bottle of sparkling and still water. Tea & Coffee tray provided with some herbal teas. In the bathroom there were the most amazing smelling hand & body washes.There was a bag of seaweed which you could use & pay an extra 10 euro.
The beds are very comfortable & the room was very clean.
My fellow travelling companion is not an early riser so I decided to have breakfast delivered to our room. This can be messy in hotels but it was perfect. Our traditional Irish breakfast arrived warm & delicious & with an added bonus of some danish pasteries.
I have been to Doolin many times over the past few years & have stayed in B&B which were good but it will be Hotel Doolin for me from now on.
We did not use the other facilities in the hotel. We ate dinner In Connors Pub & stayed for the music but thats another review.
If you are looking for a great place to stay Hotel Doolin is great & will exceed your expectations.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the ground floor & it was perfect. We had no complaints about noise.
Dear bubbles66Ireland,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is a credit to us that you would count Hotel Doolin as the best hotel you have ever stayed in! We aim to give our guests the best possible experience, it is nice to see that our extra little touches like cupcakes & Dooliner Beer vouchers make a difference to our guests stay.
I will make sure to let Sarah know that you found her helpful & professional.

dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We got married in Hotel Doolin last weekend and had the best weekend ever thanks to the hard work and service from all the staff in the hotel.

We booked the hotel as we loved their wedding package ideas. Donal the manager was extremely professional and helpful and encouraged us to get involved in the planning in order to add our own personal touch to the day.

For our wedding food tasting we were given a wide selection of options to choose from and the food was all fabolous so the difficult decision was what to actually pick for our wedding menu.

The staff went above and beyond to ensure we and all our guests had a wonderful weekend. We had over 220 guests seated in the marquee and the food was delicious and piping hot. The marquee and hotel grounds were decorated beautifully with different centre pieces, festival lighting and turf fires.

Donal was on hand all weekend to ensure everything was running smoothly - every time u turned around he was in sight ensuring that all our guests were been looked after. I dont think he left the hotel all weekend - a true professional.

To the reception staff, Raquel, Sara and Johanna who were so friendly and helpful thank you so much and to the lovely bar staff in fitz's who looked after us so well.

Everything in the hotel was spotless. All the guests were so impressed with the cupcakes and punch on arrival, and the bathrobes and bottled water in the rooms.

Special mention must also go to Super the maintenance man. He had the entire hotel grounds looking great on Sunday morning again after it had been destroyed by the kids having a straw fight on the nite of the wedding.

We have no hestitation in recommending this hotel for any occasion whether it be an event or weekend break.

The staff in this hotel are extremely dedicated and are a credit to their profession.

5 stars - top class.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear veronica c,

Thank you for reviewing our property and congratulations to you both! We are delighted that you enjoyed your special day with us. Your comments will be passed on to all of the staff, they will be very pleased.
Thanks again for your feedback!

Please do not hesitate to contact me when returning to Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Slan go foil,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend got married in Hotel Doolin at the weekend and it was just perfect! We didn't actually stay in the hotel so I can't review that part of it but I definitely loved what we saw of the place. It's right in the centre of the town and has lovely modern interior decor. After the wedding ceremony there were fab nibbles and gorgeous sangria in little jam jars - just quirky and a bit different. But the most impressive part was the garden outside and the marquee for the dinner. It was just lovely and perfect for weddings. The food was all of a very high quality - especially for a large wedding! The other thing was that the bar stayed open very late. We were also in the bar the next night and it's great - fab live music and a great atmosphere. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. It was a great venue for a wedding and I would definitely recommend it.

Dear victoria_jamison,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Doolin. We are delighted that you enjoyed your friend's wedding celebrations in our hotel. Having launched new innovative wedding pacakges we are very pleased that you noticed our little quirky touches and also that you found our garden and marquee impressive and food high quality.
It is our first year running marquee weddings in the hotel so it is great to get the feedback!

Slam go Foil
Donal Minihane

Been to Hotel Doolin? Share your experiences!