“Totally grateful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 43 Doolin B&B and Inns
Costa Rica
“Totally grateful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I`m from Costa Rica and in love with celtic culture and music, I decided to go to Ireland last January by myself. I searched the web and found Doolin a fairy tale place to stay at after visiting the Cliffs. I didn´t make any reservations just taking for granted I would find a hotel, my surprise was to find out that almost everything is closed on Mondays, I went knocking on every door asking for at least a bed to sleep in, no luck at all until I got to Brid`s house. She was very sweet with me, she said that even they were closed she would rent me a room. The place was super cozy, her husband was extra nice telling me about places for best pictures, the next day he even gave me a ride to O`Connors Pub where the bus would pick me up! The breakfast was absolutely wonderful and delicious, irish of course. Brid gave me a hot water bag to keep me warm at night (I´m not used to cold weather), she made everything possible to keep me comfortable. This place gave me the experience of my life! It just proved the generosity and hospitality of the Irish, I will definitely go again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We were planning to pass the night in Doolin, but we had no idea where to sleep. We were looking in our B&B guide and wanted to call some place, but we were unable to find a public phone to do so! Apparently, almost all the B&B were closed for that night. We did door-to-door to almost 6 or 7 B&B! We were very disappointed, lost in the middle of nowhere at night (6:00PM). Fortunately, the last B&B told us that she's closed, but referred us to Killilagh House. What a surprise! We were very well received, they were open and we've got finally a place to spend the night!! It is located very near of the pubs! The breakfast was very good especially the homemade soda bread and homemade fruits cake!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Killilagh House in Doolin, Co. Clare, Ireland, is one of the nicest and most calming B&Bs we have visited. Not only is it located very conveniently on Main Street, it is also within a short walk to 2 pubs. McDermott pub especially is suitable for families and their food is delicious. The owners of Killilagh House, Brid and Michael Shannon are such warm and outgoing people. It seems their goal is to be there for your convenience and always having a smile and ready to help in your travels and sights to see. They definitely go above and beyond being the typical B&B owners.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed there for one night during a hiking trip. Booking via mail was very comfortable and we got useful hints in advance. Service is great an especially the "Irish Breakfast" is awesome.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stayed here because the B&B we were booked at had a death in the family. It is a cozy inviting B&B. We were concerned that we only had 2 and 1/2 channels but we didn't travel from the US to watch TV. What we were thrilled with was the food! This man can downright cook. It was the best meal we had while there in Ireland. The owners were attentive, pleasant and extremely helpful. The air line lost my luggage and they helped me find a shop where I could replace a much needed winter coat. In the morning after breakfast we were given detailed directions to attractions and safer roadways to travel. When you get there driving the narrow roadways is more than difficult, but starting our trip here prepared us for what was to come. As we progressed we found that as the cities grew larger so did the streets.

I love this amazing country and thank you so much for its truly amazing people.

Alfred L. Victoria G.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Croton on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Doolin has a lot of new construction lately on the other side of town including a fancy hotel. Im very happy we stayed on this side of town, although still walking distance to the other side, this side I found more classic old Ireland. Also closer to McGanns pub which is arguably the best pub in Doolin. Brin was a superb host and very helpful and knowledgable of the area. The rooms are a bit bare but the bed was great and prices very fair. Make sure you turn left as you exit the b&b and drive the burren at sunrise or sunset. Beautiful area. Doolin is the best.

• Stayed December 2010
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Brid is an excellent host and made our stay very enjoyable. Make sure you pop down to McGanns Pub (150m down the road), the food is execllent for pub meals and the live Irish music is superb, look out for 1 legged Ted!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Killilagh House? Share your experiences!