“LOVED KATE'S PLACE!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kate's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Kate's Place B&B
You added Kate's Place B&B to your Saves list
Fisher Street, Doolin, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Doolin B&B and Inns
new york
“LOVED KATE'S PLACE!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am a pretty particular traveler and am usually nervous about B&B's having had good and bad experiences. Kate & Charles recently opened their home to my family. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean (most important to me) and the Irish breakfast was fantastic. Every morning we had homemade scones, smoked salmon, eggs and much more...In addition to being a very cozy environment our hosts were pleasant, friendly and full of recommendations for seeing local attractions such as the ARan islands and the Cliffs of Moher. Kate's place is right next door to the Daly House owned by her mother. The tradition is all in the family... You can walk to the pub's and to the ferries. Great value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely bed and breakfast with warm welcome by Charles and Kate. We felt very much at home and comfortable. Beautiful room with view of the countryside and enormous bathroom with bath. We had the best breakfast of our Ireland trip with Baileys oatmeal and French toast. Charles recommended a great place to listen to live Irish music. We would definitely come here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Corner room had a huge bathroom (with bath), the largest on our trip through Ireland.
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

From the moment we walked in the door, Kate and Charles were incredibly friendly and welcoming. They served us tea, coffee, and beers and we enjoyed a great conversation! The room was very cozy and extremely well taken care of. It had a large, private bathroom and was very quiet, as well! Kate and Charles recommended numerous places to eat and gave us a handmade handout with things to do and see in Doolin and around the area. My fiance and I got engaged at the Cliffs of Moher and Charles and Kate helped me surprise my fiance with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne when we got back from the cliffs. Kate jumped to help me when I emailed her about my plans. The price was extremely fair and we will definitely be staying there when we visit Ireland again!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is what you expect a B + B to be! Kate and Charles welcome you into their home with a view of the sea. Charles cooks up the most amazing breakfast. Be sure to try the Bailey's oatmeal as well as the Scottish salmon. Rooms are clean and cozy. Walked down the road for the local pub - O'Connors and found Charles playing traditional Irish music with the other locals. WE were treated to some Irish ballads by the most wonderful local. It is exactly what we pictured Ireland to be. While we were based in Doolin, we did both a walk on the top of the Cliffs of Mohr as well as a cruise to the smallest Aran Island and cruise to Cliffs of Mohn. Wish we could have stayed more than one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethpage, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's hard to describe perfection in words, but Kate's Place B&B is a shining example of it.
Having never met before, Kate and Charles warmly welcomed us into their home, and by the time we left, they felt like old friends.

To put things in perspective, my wife and I traveled around Ireland staying in many of the Top Ranked B&Bs on TripAdvisor. After everything, Kate (and Charles)'s was definitely our favorite stay. Our room was wonderfully decorated, ample in size, and the bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, plenty of soft towels, and the water pressure was strong( which is not always the case for some B&Bs). They had a wonderful common area where we ate breakfast and relaxed with drinks and snacks in the afternoon. Due to this setup, we got to meet and exchange stories with Kate and the other guests. This was one aspect sorely missing from the other B&Bs, which felt more like boutique hotels. Charles cooked us the best tasting and most filling breakfasts out of every B&B breakfast we had on our trip. Most of the time my wife and I wound up skipping lunch because we were so full. Their WiFi signal was also really good, which was important for me because I had some work to do.(I was without any real signal at 3 other B&Bs during our trip) As many have already stated, their location in town was perfect too.
What really resonated with me was the fact they cooked breakfast for my wife and I on our check-in day when our flight got in super early even-though they were already at full capacity. Heck, I would have be ecstatic with just a cup of coffee. Time and time again, Kate and Charles made sure we were enjoying our stay and seeing everything Doolin and the surrounding area had to offer. Our three days at Kate's was a major highlight of our vacation, and my wife and I feel so lucky to have spent time with them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Arrived at Kate's and within 5 minutes she had given us a wealth of information and got us to board the last boat of the afternoon to the cliffs of Moher. She called ahead to make sure they knew we were coming. Property was lovely, refreshments plentiful. Kate and Charles run a lovely B&B. The following morning Kate again gave us some really valuable information about the boat to the aran isles and she apologised that it seemed she was always rushing to catch boats. No apologies required - another superb trip. Breakfast menu benefits from Charle's Swiss/ French influence and was varied and delicious. I had the french toast. On the whole would go back in a flash.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights at Kate's place this past week and had the best time. There are only three bedrooms, so my family was able to rent out the entire place one of the two nights (my parents spent the night way down the road at Ballinalacken and loved it too), which was so great to spread out and have the place to ourselves!

Kate sent excellent directions and we were happy to find her B&B right behind Gus O'Connor's, close to the Doolin pier. We were happily greeted by Kate's family and I loved the giant jar of gummies as you walked in - yum! We were offered refreshments and taken to our rooms. Hubby and I had the smallest of the three rooms, which, compared to a B&B we once stayed at in Killarney, was a huge room. The bathrooms in all three rooms are very large. Ours only had a shower, but there are rooms with tubs. Water pressure was amazing, which is something to really applaud in Ireland, where showers are often very weak. Our bed slept great. There is no A/C, but we slept with the window open, and were extremely comfortable.

OMG, the breakfast: y'all go see Kate & Charles just to eat this breakfast. My husband just asked me to google how to make raspberry preserves just to replicate their awesome jams. Breakfast was huge and delicious! I loved everything, especially the special order sauteed spinach (thanks Charles!) and the white pudding. Yum yum yum.

Kate was super helpful in booking our boat trip around the Cliffs of Moher. in recommending places to dine in Doolin (Gus O'Connor's - wooo!), and in guiding our tour of the Burren. I also think my mom could have chatted history and genealogy with her for hours. I literally had to drag mom away.

Kate also offered some super special touches. It was all of our anniversaries (my parents 39th, my husband's parents 40th, and our 5th) and she was so sweet to give us a champagne toast one evening. I got sick one morning and Kate was quick with procuring the items I needed to get better. Kate truly goes the extra mile to ensure that your stay at her place is top notch.

Kate's is an easy walk down the hill to Gus O'Connor's. We also walked further into town, easily making it to Fitzgerald's when Gus O'Connor's ran out of beer. We really liked the location.

The only downside, which I've experienced pretty much everywhere else in Ireland, is that the walls are thin. Its quiet easy to hear others in the house, but if you use a White Noise app like I do, you won't notice it when you sleep at night. If you're a light sleeper, just get this app because really, you'll struggle here and everywhere else in Ireland without it.

I totally recommend Kate's Place to anyone wanting to spend some time in Doolin! Loved it! Check her facebook page for specials. :)

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, be sure to specify that with Kate as our room didn't have one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kate's Place B&B? Share your experiences!