“A fanastic time in Daly's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daly's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Daly's House
Main Street, Doolin 065, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 43 Doolin B&B and Inns
dublin
“A fanastic time in Daly's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

We have just arrived back from a wonderful stay at Daly's in Doolin.
We left Dublin on friday and arrived in Doolin late and Susan was great to accomodate our late arrival. It is a long drive from Dublin to Doolin but well worth the drive. We arrived after 10pm and Susan was there to greet us and had a brew of hot tea and biscuits waiting for us. She showed us to our room and it was out of this world. It was on the first floor, Room 6. It had wall to wall wardrobes, tea and coffee, tv with movie channel, a huge bathroom with a very large shower and a separate bath!
We had the best nights sleep and woke up to a beautiful breakfast. Again we were greeted by Susan and she brought us to the breakfast conservatory where we chose from the menu what we would like for breakfast. I chose the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and it was devine! there was tea, coffee and hot chocolate, I indulged in some of the hot chocolate made with hot milk!!!
We took some tips from Susan's tours and spend a glorious afternoon in the Burren and still had time to make the Cliffs for the sunset. We nearly missed dinner in O connors pub, it finishes at 9.30pm. The food was really good and the music was lively and went on till late.
We went exploring again on sunday and found more mysterious places in the Burren. We went to the Lazy lobster for dinner on Sunday and it was very tasty.
We were sad to leave on Monday and head back to the life in Dublin.
Daly's was fanastic. It was charming, homely, warm, welcoming, clean and I will be recommending it to all of my friends.

• Liked — The room, the bathroom, the breakfast, Susan, the views, the area
  • Disliked — absolutley nothing!!
  • Stayed April 2007

780 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
South Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

I agree with the rest of the people on here, this is one of the warmest, friendliest B&B's my wife and I ever stayed it. Susan was fantastic. We traveled with my sister and cousin and we still talk about how nice she was to this day. The rooms were very clean, and the showers were fantastic. The location was great too. No complaints. The breakfast in the morning also was very very good.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

My husband and I along with our friends Bev & Keith stayed in Doolin for a long weekend, and I can say the only place to stay is at Daly's House. Susan was the most wonderful host, her lovely Irish hospitality from offering us hot whiskies on arrival to advising us what tours to take, and of course not to forget the wonderful breakfast she cooks. Daly's house is warm, cosy, immaculately clean and a great location. If you are lucky you may even get to hear Susan sing at O'Connors bar in Doolin, only three minutes walk for Daly's House. Many thanks Susan we loved our short stay.

Stayed February 2007
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2007

My daughter and I came to Ireland during the severe windstorms of January 2007 to find solace and peace after the unexpected death of my husband. Susan was a fount of warmth and friendliness on our first two nights in a strange, windswept land. Her tour of the Burren area is excellent and her sense of family and community made for the perfect start to our journey through Ireland. Thanks so much, Susan, for sharing your home and heart with us. Anyone who is lucky enough to spend time in Doolin can do no better than to stay at Daly's.

Stratford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

It you're staying in County Clare, and I highly recommend you do, you can't do better than the town of Doolin. And in Doolin, you can't do better than Daly's House. Susan is such a friendly hostess. She welcomed us and immediately offered us coffee or tea and cookies. She is more than happy to advise you on what to do and see. We were there fairly late in the seaon and wanted to go to the Aran Islands. Susan told us that a guest just the week before had been disappointed that most of the island was already closed for the season. She saved us from a disappointing day. Instead, we took Susan's personal tour of the Burren and it was an amazing day. One of the best we had in Ireland. The rooms are clean and spacious. The bathrooms are nice. And the landscape outside is phenomenal. It is so bucolic...just the perfect Irish countryside. The view from Susan's breakfast room can't be beat. We walked to O'Connors pub from Daly's both nights of our stay to hear traditional Irish music. Don't miss O'Connors! It's just great. Overall, I can't recommend Daly's House enough. Thank you Susan!

• Liked — Friendly service and location
  • Disliked — really nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

My wife and I spent three nights at Susan Daly's house. It was the first and best of the B&Bs we used on our two week trip. Susan's hospitality is all the best of Old Ireland; she greets you with tea and welcome advice on how to spend your time in Co. Clare. Her rooms on the other hand are very modern, spacious, and comfortable. Breakfast options include both the traditional Irish style, as well as several more contemporary choices.

When I go back to Ireland I will arrange my stay around several days spent at Daly House. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Friendly host
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
Bowral, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

Stayed at Daly's with my wife and daughter. We stayed in the 'second house' which was very comfortable and quiet. Just a short walk from the pub, and a great breakfast the following morning. Very helpful staff, and a great friendly dog.

• Liked — Friendly welcome
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Daly's House? Share your experiences!