“A reason to get up in the morning” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“A reason to get up in the morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Doolin cafe is just so sweet. The food is delicious, with generous portions at a really great price and it feels like something out of your nana's kitchen. Fresh made breads, the best hot chocolate and such warm friendly staff. An absolute gem!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best food in Ireland, let alone Doolin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Awesome menu, very progressive. Have a pint next door at McDermott's but have dinner here! The leek soup was amazing as was the scallop appetizer. Having the squash entree, which looks and tastes amazing!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty food and huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had the 5 course evening meal at Cafe Doolin. Staff were extremely friendly and professional, and we enjoyed our meal.

The food was tasty, but the portions were huge including lots of bread and side dishes and I don't think I'd get the 5 course special again. After the starter I was regretting my decision!

The chef has some nice ideas, and definitely knows how to cook (perfect medium steak!) but it's a shame the sides, salads and garnishes didn't suit each course rather than serving the same thing with everything. They could save a little and focus on quality over quantity.

Overall we'd a lovely evening.

Visited August 2012
“Awesomeness on a plate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

The Doolin Cafe is awesome. Excellent food, atmosphere, staff and chefs. I've been twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast. The imagination of the chefs here is what sets the food apart from other establishments. Bored of rubbish veggy breakfasts I was thrilled to get a huge plate with perfectly poached eggs, the sweetest cherry tomatoes ever, grilled haloumi, roasted red peppers, fried potatoes and the freshest brown bread ever...I ate the lot, very quickly!! My only complaint is that it's too far from my house in Galway so I can't visit as often as I'd like. If I lived closer I would be a very regular customer! Well done to all staff involved!

preston lancs
“Amazing breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had read about this place and their legendary breakfasts on Tripadvisor so sought it out. It's slightly out of the town and looks fairly ordinary outside. It was full and we had to wait quite a while for a table but it was well worth it. Two of us had the great breakfast and one had the pancakes with fried banana and pancetta. All faultless! Loads of lovely toast too, both soda bread and a really good fruit bread with cherries.

• Visited August 2012