“Cosy pub, great meal” 4 of 5 stars

Doolin, Ireland
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Doolin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy pub, great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner on a VERY busy Saturday night in doolin (the Harley Davidson festival was in town). We found 2 bar stools as we walked in and asked a waiter if there were any tables. Within 10 minutes he had found us a table. The Irish stew was fabulous, my partner had the beef burger which was also great. Very friendly & attentive staff, even though it was so busy. Would highly recommend

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
“Ah-mazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Bartender was very helpful, wish I got her name. Recommended a black current cordial in my friend's first Guinness experience. It was great with and without it. Pricing was really good considering the output. The food was delicious...especially pear-seared salad, Irish stew and the cod in the fish n chips (my mouth is watering now thinking of them). My friends and I sampled each other's dishes. Nothing disappointed. I hate to say this, but I did enjoy Gus O'Connors which was closer to our lodge but McGanns food and service was really my favorite. Walk a little further down Fisher Street strip to McGanns. The walk there is also quite lovely. Oh, as soon as you come in, go to bar, review menu, then you'll have to place order at the bar and pay there too.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Siena, Italy
“Very very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Very good food, very kind staff and good music; even good people all around our table: what could we want more? If you are in Doolin, go there!

Visited August 2014
Atlanta
“Solid Pub Food for the Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and daughter found a table and enjoyed well prepared food. The service at the crowded bar was top notch. The bartenders sis not miss a beat. Our harried server clearing the dishes looked like she could have used some help. She cleared our plates and then forgot to give us our bill. We stayed for some music and another round of pints and thought we'd get the bill but I finally had to stop the server to let her know we never got our food bill. They gave it to us promptly but I wondered how easy it could be for someone else to walk out without paying when the bar is so crowded on these summer nights.

wicklow
“Great pub grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was visiting the Cliffs of Moher with my wife's family and we stopped in at McGann's after. It has a bit of the 'Irish theme pub' feel about it so I had my doubts. Yes it was full of tourists but there were clearly locals at the bar and the place had a lively and welcoming feel.
We were all starving and looking for something to keep us going for the drive back to Dublin and this place delivered in spades. It was all your standard pub classics e.g. burgers, fisn n chips, stew, bacon and cabbage. These dishes aren't hard but all too often Irish pubs make a mess of them.
McGann's however was absolutely top notch- simple food done really well. Even though it was very busy, the staff were great- really friendly which my guests commented on. Good value for money too I'd add. Well done to them and a big thanks.

• Visited August 2014