“One of my best nights in Ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Doolin, Ireland
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Doolin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“One of my best nights in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I loved McGann's when we visited Doolin in March. We were looking for great pub music and that's what we got. Ted (cannot remember his last name) performed and brought patrons up to perform with him at times during the night. We met a lot of locals and just had a great time. I would definitely recommend McGann's if you are visiting Doolin.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Billericay, England, United Kingdom
“If I lived here this would be my local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Came here a few times during my visit, friendly welcome, food was excellent, large portions at a reasonable price in a cosy atmosphere, if youre in Doolin definatly pop in, proper Irish pub

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“A solid choice for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

McGann's was pretty quiet at lunchtime, but it served good food, including tasty fish chowder and massive portions of delicious fish and chips.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alcoa, Tennessee
“We loved our visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great food, friendly staff and absolutely incredible music. We laughed, sang along, cried a bit at the ballads and definitely tapped our feet until we were sore. Thank you for a true Irish Pub experience...you're the best!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
American Canyon, California
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Normally I dont leave reviews unless the place in question has the worst service I ever experienced but after reading the review below 'Dingy as the staff' I felt a review was in order.
Myself and my newly wed husband decided to take a trip to Ireland on out honeymoon stopping off in alot of great spots Doolin by far being the best.
Myself and Johnathon (my husband) were actually in Mcganns Pub Doolin the day that the below man was talking about. How could I forget them...unpleasant to the staff not to mention myself and my husband.
They were extremely loud and demanding towards the 2 very pretty girls working behind the bar. Maybe the 12 men would have been better suited to hooters because thats how they were treating the staff.
Unlike the below myself and my husband really enjoyed our Mcganns experience chatting with the local girls who worked there (Once the roudy 12 left) and as for the food. 5 star. I got the stew and my husband got the chowder and smoked salmon salad which was absolutely out of this world. I would highly recommended Mcganns pub for great food and friendly staff and Doolin as a whole.
We thurally enjoyed ourselves thank you Mcganns.

• Visited September 2012