“A Dream Resort in Abu Dhabi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort

You added Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort to your Saves list
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sir Bani Yas Island, Sir Bani Yas Island, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Midweek Discovery
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Dream Resort in Abu Dhabi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I Stayed last week in this very New Beach front Resort on Sir Bani Yas , I couldn't believe the beauty of the location and the luxurious villas that we had. the Welcome is very friendly and you already feel at home . The villas are massive with a terrace view the Sea. The Wake up is incredible on the sound of the Wave and a blue Sky . The Olio Restaurant is not to be missed , great Italian food .Breakfast superb , a lounge bar with very comfortable seating and Sea View.
you don't get enough from the Scenery. The Staff are very well trained and they all remembered our names . The activity they offer on the island are incredible from Wild Life Safari to Horse riding to Diving . worth every penny , no need to travel out of the UAE to go to an island , must try.Thank you for an amazing getaway.

Room Tip: All Villas are sea view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to surprise my husband for a perfect 1st wedding anniversary getaway full of calm, relaxing and romantic environment and Anantara did not fall short in completing my dream. It was the best experience ever. The hotel staff were very friendly and did their best to accomodate to our needs. My husband loved the private pool and the breath taking beach view. Upon entering our villa, we were pleasantly surprised by a lovely cake by the staff left on our coffee table, congratulating us on our 1st anniversary. Upon special request, I asked the staff if we can be provided a sheeha by our pvt plunge pool and when they said they certainly will try and did get the sheesha, it just made his day. We also enjoyed the weekend outdoor movie night at the Desert Islands (10 min drive from Al Yamm) with complimentary popcorn and amazing starry night. Everything was exceptional and magical. The archery was also a fun n quiet activity we chose to do. Everything was superb! A truely magnificient experience!

• Stayed December 2013
Sonja G, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Mnm889,

Thank you for choosing Al Villa Resort to celebrate your first wedding anniversary and for writing on Trip Advisor your wonderful feedback.

The team and I are delighted to hear you have had a memorable and magical stay with us commemorating this special occasion.

Sanjiv, who provided you with the shisha in your villa was congratulated for his efforts.

Once again thank you and we sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel has a nice situation and the villas themselves are lovely. There are some ongoing maintenance issues [electricity, plumbing etc] which adversely affected our stay. The service is friendly but not 5*, and the food is also not 5*. Overall Al Yamm has the potential to be really great but it needs to work on the above issues.

Room Tip: The beach villas are better situated.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonja G, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear bph1969,

Your feedback is very valuable and we thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Al Yamm Villa Resort.

The team and I regret to hear you were somewhat disappointed with your stay with us.

It is true that lately we have been upgrading our villas and have had some maintenance in our villas and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointing experience you have had.

We regret that the service and food provided was also not the level expected. Our goal is to ensure overall guest satisfaction and I would very much appreciate if you could send me your contact details to enable me to speak with you directly and further discuss your concerns offline thereby affording us the opportunity to correct these flaws in our service.

We do hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience and that in time, you may choose to stay with us in the future.

Tisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

When my mother offered to have our four children for a week, we jumped at the chance. Then came the - "trying to find the perfect holiday" problem. Amazingly we managed thanks to Claire Shorrocks at Destinology. This place is amazing. No children under 12 which was exactly what we wanted having left our own behind. Beautiful little villas (only 30 in total) which actually aren't so little! The staff could not have been more lovely, helpful or friendly if they had tried. The manager Sonya was amazing. She is there all the time making sure everyone is ok and happy. She even collected us from the boat (speed boat - very cool way to get to your hotel!!)! How many hotel managers do collections?!?! None I have met! The menus we decided after a couple of days were going to get a little repetitive - so we mentioned to the chef (who regularly comes out to check all is ok and everyone is happy) that we felt like a curry and he, being Indian, made us the most amazingly delicious curry the next night and so it went on. We didn't eat the same meal twice and breakfast is delicious. Carol is a superstar in the restaurant, so lovely and kind and thoughtful. We had one issue with a window latch and the maintenance guy was at our door before we had even walked back to our villa - amazing! It was sorted whilst we were out at dinner. The beds are more comfortable than our own at home which is something we have never found. They have mattress toppers on top of mattress toppers - heavenly with HUGE beds (Emperor) and even bigger pillows! There is even a soap menu let alone a pillow menu! Great internet in your room, Bose sound dock, tv etc. Sonya upgraded us to a Pool Villa out of the kindness of her heart for the last three nights. This is even huger than the one bedroom villa, and has a sitting room and even a dining room. I have no criticisms, at all apart from the fact that we made it rain in the desert - proper storms which didn't matter at all and was only one day of being inside rather than out - and i went for a long swim in the pool anyway! We went for our last dinner (we had been there for 7 nights!) and all the staff were so sweet and saying goodbye etc, and then we got back to our villa to find a hand written note from Sonya with a lovely bag for a present - AMAZING! If you want to get away from the world in a 5* situation with not out of this world ridiculous prices - then this is your place.

Room Tip: We had a beach room number 7 which was super and then were upgraded to 11 which was a pool villa and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonja G, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear EmilyWB2013,

Greetings from Al Yamm sunny shores.

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review and for choosing to stay with us while visiting Abu Dhabi. It was indeed a great pleasure to have you as our guest. I am glad that you have enjoyed your seven night stay at Al Yamm Villa resort and the team's hospitality. I have past on your fabulous compliments to the team and especially to Carol.
It is fantastic to see that the couple retreat concept is so well appreciated. Al Yamm Is definitely a place to re-energize.
Thank you for the rain you brought us, the island is grateful! :)

We sincerely hope to welcome you back.

Kindest regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After 5 nights honeymooning in Dubai, I wanted to surprise my wife with something a lot more relaxed and exclusive. She loves avoiding hordes of people, wildlife, and her own beach. Who wouldn't? That's exactly what Al Yamm delivered on. In short, every need of yours will be anticipated. I was looking to book a desert resort but wanted to avoid the long drive. Rotana Jet to the rescue! You're in the air barely 40 minutes and the next thing you know, the hustle & bustle of Dubai fades away as your jet pulls up to a very small, exclusive airport. I didn't arrange transportation as I thought I could hail a taxi. Ha! None to be found, but that's a good thing. The resort somehow *knew* I was on the flight, and had a driver and SUV waiting. Forget about handling any baggage, the only thing you'll have in your hands is a cool and refreshing towel as you cool off in the backseat ready to embark on the most splendid getaway ever. The driver informs us how there are very strict rules to SBY, and they are all in place to protect the wildlife. Speed is limited to a bit more than a school zone, but are you really in a rush? As soon we pulled up, we were warmly greeted (and cooled) with more lovely scented towels and a refreshing welcome drink. And please help yourself to the ubiquitous Arabic coffee and island-grown dates. Mmm. Check in was very personal and a breeze, and the next thing you know, a buggy appears and whisks you & your luggage away to your villa.

The villa has a nice private driveway of your own, with two patios! The front patio has a rustic bench and dining table whilst the back patio features a generous sofa, coffee table, chairs, and 2 deck loungers that are constantly shaded. A few yards away are your beach loungers, complete with your very own South African imported, heavy duty beach umbrella.

Upon entering our room we noticed a wonderful surprise of a lovely fruit basket and fondant iced cake wishing us a happy honeymoon. Very thoughtful! (And delicious)

Immediately we got into our swimsuits and hit the very private beach: I've always dreamed of one (we all have) after seeing so many on TV, in movies, and in magazines...but this is the real thing and it's all yours! As it is a private island only open to the public for the past 5 years, the amount of shells and coral washed up are incredible. It's a little rough under feet, but a couple yards in the water and you'll end up with marshmallow sand...I've never felt softer in my life! After playing around in the sand & surf we noticed the sun was setting fast. That is the only bummer about being in the UAE I reckon during the cooler months, your sun is gone quickly. We decided to saunter over to our patio, pull some chairs out in our front "yard," and watch the sunset over the mountains. We were rewarded not only with a spectacular view, but free roaming gazelle grazing in front us! We looked behind us towards the beach, and they were doing the same by the water! Where else in the world can you have this?! Very magical.

After the sun went down we heard upon check in that the resort head chef, Manuel, was from Italy and really knows his stuff so we head to Olio for dinner. We ordered the most delicious beef tartare and, as I spied some amazing pizza ovens on the way in, so I asked if the chef could whip up his favorite for us. We were truly impressed with his selection, ingredients and toppings that made up the most decadent pizza ever. Later Manuel came over to our table and asked how we enjoyed everything, which he already seemed to know after reading our faces. Very unexpected and a nice touch.

The next morning we walked to breakfast at Olio, but now we could see a lot more and were treated to an incredible view and eggs that couldn't be more perfectly cooked. Flawless, actually. Very impressive too was an a la carte menu you could order additional items from that you didn't see on the buffet, all included. Midway through breakfast the woman I've been reading so much from and was looking forward to meeting made an appearance in the flesh, the general manager of the resort, Ms. Sonja Greenshileds! I didn't ask for her autograph but did thank her profusely for such an incredible honeymoon. It was very kind and thoughtful of Sonja to stop by, introduce herself, and see who is in charge of making such magic happen every day at Al Yamm.

On our way out we made the booking that we came to SBY for: The Safari! There were several times available, and we went with 4 PM later that day. After walking back to the villa and realizing we only had about 6 hours left of sunlight, I didn't want the beach experience to be interrupted that day...so we moved to the following morning at 7 AM. It was a tough choice because everyone wants to sleep in on their holiday, but I also know it would be worth it as animals tend to be more active in the early morning hours vs. the evening. We ringed up reception and asked to move it but then also made a reservation at their sister property for dinner that night, the Desert Islands and went with Amwaj. Complimentary transportation was included for later that night at 7:30 PM, so we enjoyed the rest of the day by the beach and pool. A common, recurring theme at Al Yamm that impressed me most is anticipating your needs. For example, we were running late and were planning to walk back to the main house for our dinner ride to the other resort. At 7:20 the phone rang and reception asked if they could send the buggy to fetch us. Wow. Talk about mind reading and 5-star service...I didn't even have to call!

After a 15 minute ride in the SUV to Desert Island we sat down at our beachside table at Amwaj and prepared to tuck into some amazing tapas. Yousef was the manager at the restaurant and really wowed us with his service and personable chit chat. I was also pleased to see shisha was offered so we got that for dessert...it's not something I normally enjoy but in this part of the world, was a treat. After dinner Yousef asked if we wanted to see the rest of the resort, and the next thing we know we're off in another buggy and seeing everything. We stopped into their fresh seafood restaurant, Samak, and met the Executive Chef, Kenneth who asked "Have we eaten yet?" Mind you it's now 10 PM, but he was fully ready to indulge us in some of the most tantalizing fresh seafood I've ever laid eyes on: live oysters flown in from France, locally caught fresh off the island waters, and on and on. It was at this point I wish I had another night at Al Yamm to partake in the other dining options on the island, and was sad it was my last night.

The next morning at 7 AM we were running late again, and yup, you guessed it...reception phoned us and asked if they could send the buggy. So we were fetched and a bit sleepy, but as we pulled up to the main house an authentic safari land cruiser was awaiting us with a cheerful guide who introduced herself as Marie. We were ready to hop in and go, but the staff at reception we enticing us to step inside the main house first. Would you believe they had a light breakfast setup awaiting us? This is what I mean by anticipating your needs. We were fully ready to enjoy breakfast after the safari, but they gave us a little something before we set off. Wow.

Marie was an excellent guide and pointed out so many fantastic features of the island. She really wasn't in a rush at all and that really stood out to me. So many times when you book an excursion it seems routine to the person conducting it, which sort of dampens the fun of the whole experience...but this was not the case whatsoever. I especially appreciated her whipping out an iPad and showing us vegetation in the shape of a dallah that can be seen via satellite on the island, then pointing down and we saw it in person! Very thoughtful of Sheikh Zayed to include this feature as a welcome to all those who visit the island. We also had a look at the palace from afar which had the most amazing 360 degree view, Before and after that we were treated to an up close & personal look at all the animals. And I do mean all of them. giraffes, cheetahs, oryx, gazelle, elan, peacocks, Egyptian Geese, etc. Such a wonderful tour and since no one else got up early, it was just us!

After getting back from the safari we headed straight into breakfast, spent a few more hours on the beach soaking up what sun we could before our return flight, and on our way out were thanked by nearly everyone at the resort. I've never had hotel staff wave goodbye as your vehicle is pulling away, it literally made you feel like family. When I booked Al Yamm I had no idea how special this place or SBY island was, I just wanted that "island getaway" to be included on my honeymoon somehow. This was so much more. It literally hurt to leave. The only thing I would improve upon is allowing yourself enough time to really enjoy every minute and then some. Yes, it is a bit pricey but honestly it is so worth it. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: No matter which villa side you're on (beach or mangrove) the complimentary golf cart/buggy makes...
Dear Hotchr,

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews on Trip Advisor but foremost for such a beautiful and gratifying feedback.
We are delighted to hear that the Al Yamm team has created a magical moment for your honeymoon and that you have left us with fond memories and amazing stories to tell.
Your compliments regarding the team are greatly appreciated and will be passed on.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future for another 'Island getaway".

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Al Yamm villas are just as beautiful as in the photographs! If like us you like the peace and quiet of your own villa, Al Yamm serviced villas are perfect. I love their unostentatious luxury.We stayed on the lagoon side but were close to the restaurant and pool, and the villa's splash pool was perfect for cooling down too. You can really unwind here on the beach or on the villa's deck with only the gazelles, francolins and the occasional heron coming by! There are excellent dishes in the restaurant, 'Olio' (try the salmon and the fondant chocolate and hazelnut ice-cream desert - delicious! Friendly and very professional service from all, so thank you to all the team! A wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We flew on the newly launched Rotana Jet service from Dubai and spent two nights at Al Yamm villas, having previously made the long drive and having stayed at the main Hotel 2+ years ago. The villas are beautifully laid out and furnished. We were on the beach side of the main reception and restaurant and a short walk from the Gulf waters. We did an island guided drive (and saw 3 of the cheetahs), and my husband and daughter loved the Archery lesson they received.
If I have any negative comments, they would be in respect of the dining options and also the check-in/out processes. Al Yamm villas has access to one restaurant directly on site - Olivo. This is definitely more of an up-market Italian than a rustic one. The saving grace (we thought) was the pizza oven, which we hoped would make it pretty simple to find something suitable for our 14 year old daughter. Unfortunately, the pizza oven was not working, and our options were therefore somewhat limited.
Because of this, we chose to eat at the main Hotel buffet restaurant on our first evening - shuttle transport is provided. The meal and venue were a disappointment. The buffet was exclusively Arabic and not especially good quality. The freshly barbequed meat available was only chicken. The food on offer certainly did not do justice to the quality of the resort.
We were also somewhat disappointed at the check-in and -out processes. Check-in time at the resort is 3pm and as our flight arrived at 1.15pm, we were asked to have lunch whilst our room was readied, to which we duly agreed. We did not get to our room until well after 3pm. However, when it came check-out, we were initially informed that we could not extend our check-out beyond 12pm although after some pleading, this was extended to 1pm since the in-coming guests were arriving at 1.30pm and the hotel did not wish to delay them. It would have been nice to have had the same level of concern about the timeliness of our check-in. As our departing flight from the island was not until 3.30pm, we waited in the Al Yamm lobby area for nearly 2 hours until the scheduled departure to the airport. This would not have been quite such an issue had wifi been available in the outdoor lobby area, but unfortunately it is not. It was a particularly busy time (the Eid holiday week) and this is often a contentious issue, but the some-what intransigent attitude of the Reception staff did not assist.
Having said this, the resort is beautiful; not too large at the moment, and it really is like staying on a secluded desert island, but with all mod-cons and creature comforts. It does not have the same air of exclusivity as Al Maha (near Dubai), but then it doesn't share the price tag either!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the rooms located directly next to the main Reception building - the generator...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lyn608,

I would like to thank you for choosing Al Yamm Villa Resort and for taking the time to write your review on this forum.

Your feedback is very valuable and we truly appreciate sharing it with us. My team and I extends to your our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and for not being able to meet your expectations especially on the quality of food offered and for the pizza oven not working at the time of your visit.
Please be assured that all possible measures are being taken to avoid such disappointing experience in the future.

As for the check-in and check-outs timing unfortunately these have to be in place to allow the cleaning of the villas. In any circumstance did we give preference to the guest checking in after you and they did check-in at 15h00. I can assure you that when we have the possibility to offer an early check-in or late check-out we always do try to accommodate. Unfortunately during public holidays this becomes very difficult to offer.

We hope you will consider to give us another chance ensuring your next visit will be a tranquil and relaxing one and to taste the wonderful pizzas from Olio.

Yours sincerely,

Al Yamm Villa Resort Manager

Been to Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort? Share your experiences!