As a family we have driven many times from our house in northern Qatar through Saudi and into the UAE and Oman. Over the past ten years we have watched the route develop and we have always intended stopping and trying the anantara resort on Sir Bani Yas Island. We drove the 400 km, did two international borders, the ferry and the bus in exactly six hours, we just missed the midday ferry! However Mohammed made us most welcome and we felt like pampered guests in our own hotel lounge. Upon arrival at the resort we discovered that midweek there are only a handful of guests, our rooms were fantastic in everyday and the pool was ours for the next 24 hours. We ate in the tapas bar, beautiful beachside location, felt like we were actually in Thailand. Next day our friends arrived from RAK, 500 km and six hours. We went on the nature walk and monastery tour, well done Kate for putting up with all our questions and extending our tour well past the allotted time, tried hard to get the peacock to fan it's tail didn't we! Cute rock hyraxes, exciting time near the giraffes and oryx. Amazing to find the remains of a sixth century monastery in the UAE. In all our three night stay was totally relaxing in wonderful surroundings and even our two teenage boys rated it fab, best place for revising GCSEs apparently! Thank-you for a lovely stay. Please think of a better way to tore the luggage on the boats, not very five star in a big pile on the deck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Emirate Of Abu Dhabi/Sir Bani Yas Island