“Expensive run-of-the-mill lunch! Avoid!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: At a 10 minutes walk from the cable's car station and at the very top of Mont Salève, you will find a welcoming place to quench your thirst and satisfy your belly !Cosily setteld in one of our Sofas or sunbathing on the terrasse, admire the breathtaking panorama.
“Expensive run-of-the-mill lunch! Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and a friend of mine were hiking and decided to have a quick lunch. Unfortunately, this restaurant was our third choice as the other two in the area were fully booked. Too bad as we know now!
This restaurant is no recommendation worth at all!
First we waited about 10min until we got served and then we waited another 25min for the food.
It was very below average. I had a "croque-monsieur" (Scalloped toast with cheese and ham plus salad). Nothing special and my stomach hurt afterwards (I guess they used bad oil!). My wife had the burger and told me it was one of the worst she ever ate. And my friend had a sausage and cheese platter for 12 euro!!! I can buy this in a supermarket for 2 euro.
Overall the bill was more than 60 euro for three persons including a drink.
Total rip-off!
I recommend to take your own picnic before you go to this place. Even the location itself (pretty old and close to a giant broadcasting tower) is not worth recommending.

• Visited August 2013