“A pleasant find with a varied menu and good beers.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rolvenden
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: he Bull Inn, is a Coaching Inn dating back to the 15th century, situated in Rolvenden at the heart of the Weald. With open fires and comfortable surroundings providing a refuse to weary travellers, locals and dogs alike.We pride ourselves on good home-cooked country pub food, using local produce wherever possible. We also offer prize winning wines and beers from local vineyards and the village’s own brewery ‘The Old Dairy’A warm welcome, daily specials and a monthly changing menu await you at The Bull.
Ashford, England, United Kingdom
“A pleasant find with a varied menu and good beers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having walked from Tenterden we had built up a thirst, which was quickly satisfied with a pint of Gold Top (from the local Old Dairy Brewery).
Burgers were homemade, as were the chips. Food was freshly prepared and well presented.
A good selection of puddings and some of the best quality ice creams one could wish for.
Very pleasant bar/restaurant area, with the tables well spaced out, making for a relaxed lunch.
The staff made every effort to make us welcome and overall we were satisfied.

• Visited May 2013

Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
“Nice but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very simple venue, wooden floors and tables (a bit of an echo - acoustics not brilliant). Steaks are amazing though. I've been for several meals and never been disappointed. However.... I recently had lunch with a friend and we were both staggered at how much we spent: 1 starter and 2 white wine spritzers each and the bill came to £20 each. A little excessive for pate on toast and warm camembert with 3 sticks of carrot & celery! Not going again unless someone else pays the bill for me. The food is nice though and (my husband tells me) the Harveys is the best for miles around. The service can be slow when it's busy. Plenty of parking and a nice log fire in the winter though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Lunch - mmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went with 3 friends for lunch. What a lovely place very friendly and nice atmosphere. Wasn't that busy but it was midweek. The food was delicious and very reasonable. Will definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A Tale Of Two Visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My hubby and I went to The Bull for an impromptu lunch with his family a couple of weeks ago. The hosts could not have been more warm, friendly and welcoming. They are lovely people who obviously thrive on what they do. We had fab food, the Chicken Liver Pate, very smooth with loads of toast points followed by Ham, Egg and Chips. hubby had the soup of the day, Pea and Ham which tasted delicious. We even sneaked in dessert. Chocolate Brownie yum!
On the strength of this visit we decided to suggest to some friends we meet up. What a contrast!
The owners were away for the night so it was being helmed by younger staff. They forgot 2 drinks on one of our orders at the bar and once at the table plonked down our bottle of wine without asking if we'd like to try it first. The service apart from this was good, but down on the owners standards. Unfortunately the scallops that were on the menu the previous time were not available, (maybe just out of season?) My husband had the pate but it was a bit runny this time. Some had the herby chicken. Nice, but a bit dry even with the salsa. I think the guys enjoyed their steaks.
I will return, despite it being 30 mins away, as i like the surroundings, the casual sofas and seating on the side with the fire and I liked the food, not pretentious or expensive, and I like the owners!
Also I love the loo seats :)

• Visited April 2013
Marden
“Wonderful Food, Lovely Pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just arrived home having had a delicious meal in a tastefully decorated pub with good ambiance and friendly staff.Excellent attention to detail, beautifully presented food, flowers and candles all adding to the romantic atmosphere.Will definitely return!

• Visited April 2013