“Nice Accommodation, Good Food, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Manor

You added Hampton Manor to your Saves list
Hampton Manor
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shadowbrook Lane Hampton-in-Arden, Hampton-in-Arden, Solihull B92 0EN, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Nice Accommodation, Good Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at Hampton Manor recently whilst celebrating our Friends Ruby Wedding. Its a lovely old building which is being sympathetically restored by its new owners into a fine Hotel. Our room was a standard room, but came with the usual gizmos that we have come to expect in Hotels of this Quality, Mini-Bar, DVD Player, I Pod music box, etc etc, and a beautiful bathroom compliments the room. On the evening of the Anniversary, we had pre-ordered our food, and was beautifully presented and very tasty.To start with we had Thai Fishcakes, followed by Chicken stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, with vegetables, and finished off with creme brûlée and a cheese selection.We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and the attention to service was excellent. We returned for Sunday Lunch in Peels Restaurant, a lovely "conservatory setting" complete with lovely bar. My wife had a Cheese fritter to start, and I had the Mackerel, then we had Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, with a nice selection of vegetables, and was rounded of with Ice Cream beautifully presented in a Swan Boat, and I had the Toffee Pudding. Again the food was very nice, tasty and well presented, and the service was excellent, all for the princely sum of £28.00 per head plus wine and drinks. One minor criticism, two slices of beautifully cooked Beef to our liking was originally served, which everyone agreed should have been at least three due to the size of the slices, however, this was addressed by our Waiter and more Beef was served without delay. We will definitely return on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: THey have a number of Theme Rooms, which some may prefer for special occasions, but our Standard Roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
James H, Owner at Hampton Manor, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Peter and Jan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your encouraging feedback. It means alot to them team.

Warm regards

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Me and my partner have stayed at this hotel and visited peels restaurant several times since, great food and would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Beautiful surroundings. Lovely food, nice staff. They do special events for those days you want to really treat someone (Valentine, Mothering Sunday etc) and regular Sunday Lunch and all the usual a la carte.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We ate at Peels and highly recommend it. Great value for money and fantastic food,amazing service and a wonderful setting.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I were visiting friends near Birmingham Airport and decided to treat ourselves to dinner bed and breakfast at Hampton Manor. We had the 8 course taster menu in the Peels restaurant which was sublime - the meal was beautiful constructed and perfectly matched to the sample wines for each course (my favourite was the 4th course of scallops in a crab bisque). My wife was amazed at the quality of the service and the balance they struck between attentiveness and giving us our own space. We loved the restaurant itself with its champagne bar, glass atrium and wine cellar.

The hotel was exquisite and outstripped other boutique hotels that I have stayed in. The rooms were very large and creatively designed to capitalise on the original features of the old manor house. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and I was very sad to have to check-out.

I will definitely stay here again when I visit my friends or just want to treat my wife.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Needing somewhere nice for a one night stop over near the NEC for a trade show, my wife and I booked this hotel randomly on the internet, but still expecting a pretty decent stay bearing in mind the price. I can categorically say we were not disappointed.

A charming 19th Century manor house with some really nice original features. The staff, and in particular the Restaurant staff, were exceptionally friendly with their Fine Dining meal a particular treat. The room was large, with an excellent bathroom and everything was spotlessly clean. The bed was really comfortable with excellent crisp, clean bedding. All in all a very nice stay and a hotel I would not hesitate to recommend. We will be certainly booking here again on our next trip to Birmingham.

Its only 3 minutes from the motorway and the NEC so its totally convenient. Also, if you dont fancy dining in, they provide a really handy guide to local pubs and eateries within walking distance of the hotel, which, considering its in a small village, means you can still diversify in the evening without travelling for miles in your car.

Room Tip: I have no doubt that any of the rooms here would be as spotless as our own and a good choice. We cho...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I absolutley loved this old manor house. I loved the grounds and the walk to the small village chuch. I loved the exterior and the interior, the Sarah Ireland suite was fantastic, it had lovely views of the old church tower and grounds, an amazing winding staircase to a private sitting room, bathroom had a steam room incorperated and I had the best nights sleep I had in ages.On arrival we got a warm reception and shown to our room by a lovely lady, however we were on the minutes 8.50am for breakfast quite accidently ( we though it finished at 10 it was 9) we got poor service hardly any communiction, we were left alone and the waiter forgot our toast and could not be found to remind him.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Manor? Share your experiences!