“A Day To Remember” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“A Day To Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I held our wedding at Homewood on the 8th June 2013 and we cannot speak highly enough of the facilities and all of the staff. Everyone was very impressed with the way things were handled and the day wouldn't have been so special if ot wasn't for the staff.
All of our guest were thrilled with the food and accommodation and they will all revisit at some point over the coming months.
We couldn't think of any negative points as they were all so happy and helpful and we have rebooked the whole hotel for our 1 year anniversary in 2014.
Thank you all at Homewood for making our special day even more special than we could ever of dreamed of

Alex and Sabrina

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Alex & Sabrina

Firstly, the team and I would like to wish you Congratulations!

We are delighted that your special day went perfectly, and we cannot wait to welcome you and your family & friends back next year!

Kindest Regards

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We can't wait to go back.Our accomodation was just factastic. The staff were wonderful. They were genuinely caring in every way. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We had our dog Rosco with us and he was made extremely welcome The pool and spa area are spotless and totally relaxing and the gardens are the icing on the cake.Housekeeping took pride in their work. It was a magical experience, thank you.
Kathleen Jackson
Ireland

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Ms Jackson

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on your recent stay with us at Homewood Park.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you had such an amazing stay, and that Rosco enjoyed himself too!

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, the Team and I cannot wait to welcome you all back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Amazing stay here, staff are friendly, food was excellent and our room was beautiful! i would definitely come back here.

When we arrived we was shown to our room. We had a 4 poster bed and the room was overlooking the gardens, the beds were so comfy. We went down for Afternoon tea and it was delicious and lucky for us the weather was great so we was able to sit outside and have it.

We also had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and all of it was really nice. I haven't got a bad word to say about my trip, I've enjoyed my stay very much.

I only wish i could of had a treatment at the spa, sadly this was booked as a surprise for me from my boyfriend and he didn't realise you had to book in advance. We ended up going to the Thermae Bath Spa instead and too be honest i think i would much preferred a smaller spa to relax in, it was a bit hectic there and couldn't really relax.

Thank you Homewood Park hotel for a lovely stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay with us, and were also blessed with great weather during your time here!

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have just returned from having afternoon tea at Homewood Park. We were a party of 6 ages ranging from 18 to 94. We were there to celebrate my nieces 18th and my grandmas 94th birthday. On arrival we were able to park outside the main entrance in the disabled ca park and my grandma was able to get into the hotel and to the table. We had our pot of tea served to us and then after 3/4 of an hour my sister went to reception to ask when was the food going to be served as we were all getting hungry. She was told there had been a mix up in the kitchen and the food had only just started being prepared. We had made the booking a month before so they should have been prepared for us. When the food came you could no fault it., it was delicious. I Had to ask for another pot of tea as the service was non existent.

I then enquired if there was a disabled toilet for my 94 year old grandma, I was told they did not have one, I said surely that is illegal in this day and age. Luckily my grandma at this point had had only 1 cup of tea. She did not want to risk another cup as she knew she could not go to toiilet.

When we settled the bill they had put a 10% service charge on the bill, they would not take it off even though we said we were not happy with the service we had received.

Would not return here for afternoon tea. The hotel and grounds were amazing. So. Can imagine an overnight stay would be great.

Out of interest can anyone tell me if a 4 star hotel like this should provide a disabled toilet. What if my grandma had desperately needed the toilet what would she have done. There is no way she could have got up from the toilets they provided.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your Afternoon Tea.

I am disappointed to read that there was a mix up on the day, and that you did not receive the high levels of service that we pride ourselves on offering. I can only apologise for this, and please be assured I have raised this with the relevant Heads of Departments and instructed them to investigate what happened.

Unfortunately, as a traditional country house we do not have specifically adapted disabled facilities, however we do offer ground-floor ladies and gentlemen’s bathrooms, which I hope would have been suitable for your Grandma. Specifically adapted facilities are a requirement of new build properties.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss your afternoon tea experience with us, please feel free to contact me at the hotel on 01225 723731

Kind regards

Bristol, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversary and had such a fantastic time. When we arrived we had full body massages, which were wonderful, and then used the spa facilities. We had a Junior Suite which was spacious and comfy. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious. The service was excellent too. The next morning we had breakfast in bed, which was the perfect way to end our visit. We left feeling very relaxed and thoroughly pampered. It was a real treat. All the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Homewood Park.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful anniversary break, and enjoyed all of our facilities – especially the spa treatments.

I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed at the Homewood Park for three nights in May 2013 and had a fantastic experience. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded from a classic room to a deluxe room, which was a lovely start. The deluxe room was great - very comfy bed and a great view of the gardens. We ate in the hotel restaurant the first night and had a delicious meal which was up there with some of the best we've had - I would highly recommend the confit duck breast with cherries. Breakfasts were excellent as well - a plentiful continental buffet and full English with particularly good sausages. On our second day the shower in our room broke and the response from the staff was so prompt and efficient. Even better, as it could not be fixed immediately, we got a second upgrade, to one of the garden suites! This room was pure luxury - an even comfier king sized bed, private patio (which sadly the rain prevented us from using), heated floors and a huge en suite with a rain shower and roll top bath. Having to move mid stay was a small price to pay to stay here at the cost of a classic room for two nights! I used the spa several times during our stay - despite the mixed weather I managed to use the outdoor heated pool twice - when the sun was out it was almost like being in the Mediterranean. I also had a a fantastic 55 minute massage on our last day, which was a lovely way to end our little break. The hotel is well situated as well. It is lovely to stay in quiet, peaceful surroundings but Bath is easily accessible - we drove in three times during our stay, and Longleat safari park is only a 40 minute drive away. All the staff were also fantastic, the reception staff in particular. Many thanks for making our visit so memorable!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted that we were able to complimentary upgrade you from the outset – if we have rooms free we always like our guests to have the best experience possible. I am sorry that we were unable to fix the shower on the day when it broke, but am delighted that we were able to move you to one of our Garden Suites which resulted in a more than satisfactory stay for you.

Thank you for all of your fantastic comments on the food and spa – I have passed these onto the team.

We all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed 4th and 5th May for my sisters wedding. Lovely place, food excellent but think too expensive, and the final bill was a bit odd to say the least with odd charges. Also I dont think what was on the bill was fully correct, we should sign for purchases, like drinks at the bar for example.

Pool was great, room lovely too although for the cost of room a mini bar would be good.
The main bar ran out of draft beer twice however the staff were all pleasant and friendly.

Lovely frony lawn and gardens, children had great fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Homewood Park.

We are delighted that your sister had a wonderful day at Homewood Park for her wedding and was also blessed with good weather for the weekend.

Thank you for your kind comments reference the staff and facilities, I have passed these all on to the team.

I’m sorry that you felt the room prices were expensive; we are very competitively priced for a 4 star luxury country house hotel with spa in Bath.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Joshua Watts

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!