“Newish to Welling” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: George's Greek Taverna has recently opened in Welling Kent, although George and his team have bee​n creating wonderful Greek dishes and serving them to the public since the 1980's. Today, we still believe in giving you the best. Because of this, we pride ourselves on having fresh, and sourcing local ingredients every day. We like to think of our food as Greek comfort food. You know, the kind your mum would have made (if she was Greek!). We hope you love our food, just as much as we love creating it for you.
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Newish to Welling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very good. A large restaurant that can get a bit noisy. The food is good but a little overpriced. Excellent wine list.

Visited December 2012

London
“Visiting Ammos Restaurant in Welling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and always had an excellent meal. The staff are friendly and the proprietor always finds time to come round and have a chat without being intrusive - this is the reason I keep going back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“lovely restaurant with extremely nice staff and gorgeous grub :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My girlfriend (who is Greek Cypriot) and I went to Ammos for a meal a few weeks ago and I was amazed. I ate a variety of Greek dishes, and as we are going to Cyprus in April, I wanted to see what sort of foods I will be offered. I was amazed by the setting of the restaurant, the food, and most of all the customer service. I spoke to a Cypriot waitor, the Cypriot owner, and the owners wife and they were all lovely people. I would recomend this restaurant as it is the best dining experience I have ever had and I will be taking my girlfriends Greek Cypriot family there as soon as I get paid.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sidcup
“enjoyed and relaxed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

a great night with good food keo beer nice ad helpfull staff and the kelftiko is a must. we will be back again!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sinatra night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Attended a frank Sinatra tribute night back in august with some friends. I thoroughly enjoyed the night, entertainer was fantastic food was excellent and was served quickly so we could enjoy the show. I would definitely go to this restaurant again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere