“Craft Course” 5 of 5 stars

Hatfield
4 attraction reviews
“Craft Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just went on the Digital Photography course with my best friend (I paid for her to go as a birthday present) and she really enjoyed it, so did I!!! Xav the tutor was brilliant, he spent time explaining all the buttons on our cameras and telling us about lighting and ISO numbers (I had no idea what they were before so that was really helpful!) Then we walked down to the fishing lake as it was such a hot day. We took pictures, Xav taught us how to set up a shot and how to make our photos look more interesting and then after our lunch - which was very nice - he showed us how to download them to the laptop and adapt them if we wanted to.

Unfortunately it rained in the afternoon but as it happened, Xav showed us how to use the flash for inside pictures so we got even more out of the day.

Thank you so much, we both had a great time and look forward to booking our next workshop

Visited August 2012

Halstead, United Kingdom
“Assnington Barn Camp site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed at the Barns Camp Site over the Jubilee Weekend and had a fantastic time. Trevor (owner) was very helpful and a wealth of knowledge for were to go and eat. The site itself is in the time of build up, with the setting of pitches, electrical hookup's etc; and even at this stage of build up it is very welcomming. The farm shop is great some very lovely food (you just have to try the fresh poppy seed bread :) ) My son say's he wants to live there....... Never went into the tea rooms as there is a nice walk around a small fishing lake and a pub up the road. The people we met were very nice and warming to say the least. There is a small smallholding on site with Rea Birds, a goat, geese and some small cattle who hide in the orchard. At the time of our stay the female goose was sitting on eggs and the males were being protective of her. Prices for the site were very, very reasonable indeed. We enjoyed it so much we will be going back this summer if there is any room left.

Visited June 2012
Ipswich
“Great Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We went to the Farmers Market here today for the first time and hadn't realised that there was so much on this site. There were ostriches (I think), a goat, some cattle and geese which our friend's kids loved. We thought the farm shop was fantastic with lots of things I hadn't seen in any other shops of this kind.

The food in the tea room was lovely and considering how busy they were was delivered quite quickly. The staff serving teas and coffees ~ (who were very young but very helpful even warmed our baby food for us - with a smile! Something you don't get everywhere these days!)

After we had had our fill, we wandered around the gift shop - I think they were call Little Gems and they certainly had a huge range of them, at really reasonable prices, I got my mum a little something for mothers day which I know none of my sisters will have found!

I don't normally write reviews but as we had such a lovely relaxing day I thought I ought to share it with others. So I hope you have such a nice time as we did.

Visited March 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
“I love this shop, it Sparkles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My mum took me here last year and then my friend told me the bus stops outside so we went on an expedition!

It was soooo nice to be on our own and have a panini, shop and then have cake! before more shopping. Sue at Little Gems was really helpful as we had to buy a present for our friends 18th birthday and had spent most of are money on food!. They had loads of presents that we could afford though so will probably be back to get our other friends there 18th pressies.

The ladies from the tea shop also gave us food to feed the rheas which was really funny, they were going mad running around the pen.

Visited January 2012

Been to Assington Barn? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Assington Barn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.