After reading numerous reviews, we settled on Centara based on the positive reviews about the food and the price level. After arriving from Thailand through Sri Lanka, we were impressed. We had a slight hiccup with the Maldivian Air Taxi. Apparently I requested a morning taxi, and they stuck us on a 7am departure! It would have been ok, but we had just arrived on the Emirates flight at 2am the night before and were resting comfortably in our plush bed at the Holiday Inn! Regardless, after waking up and getting to the resort, it was worth it.
We stayed two nights in the beach villa, number 43 and then two nights in the luxury sunset villa, I think number 68? Whatever one we had, was perfectly in the middle of all the villas, we we had a great view of the water and sunset. The beach villa room was a loft style, with a full bath downstairs and half bath upstairs, where the bed is. The downstairs bathroom is outdoors, so it was a bit hot washing up. The luxury sunset villa had a huge bathroom with a window that looked at the water. I loved the deck looking at the ocean.
Staff was wonderful. The food was delicious at the buffet and restaurants. Oh my goodness did we eat a lot, but I also ran on the treadmill at the gym. My husband took windsurfing lessons and diving lessons. We did the island club the last two nights and I enjoyed it. He liked the buffet, but I liked eating by the private pool and having the waiter service. They also served more western style food.
If I had more time and money, I would've wanted to stay longer. BTW, wifi is $5 a day...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives: Set amongst the perfect islands and blue ocean of South Ari Atoll (Alifu Atoll) in the republic of Maldives, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives delivers a unique 5 star resort experience and offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury along with a range of exciting activities that will appeal both to couples and families.Featuring 112 suites & villas, the resort offers diving enthusiasts outstanding diving opportunities including an excellent house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck and is within easy reach of the top dive spots in the Maldives. The resort offers all guests a premium all-inclusive vacation experience, along with a perfect white sand beach and the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean.Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives offers more than simply daytime sun, sea, and sand. The resort features a variety of dining options, pools, recreation activities, Sports and Fitness facilities, bars and lounges with nightly entertainment, SPA Cenvaree, and a Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Fastbooking and Venere so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives