Maldives is a dream destination and what you find out there is fantastic. The ocean is unbelievably blue with its white coral sand. The water is warm, there are reef fishes all over the place and you would spend the day in the water if you could.<
We chose the Centara Grand as it fitted within the budget we had, and because kids were welcomed. We opted for the Villa on the beach with a private pool, which we thought would be convenient for the family rather than the over water bungalow. This was the right choice for us! All family members could go swim in the ocean, come back to the pool in the fresh water and go inside the villa to cool down and do a bit of social website on the free internet. Perfect set-up! The villa was well equipped but show some sign of wear.
On the first night, we stayed in villa 7 but asked to change as there was not much beach space in front of it. We were quickly helped to move to villa 5, which suited us mush better. We then started enjoying the beach, pool, available water sports, free boat excursions and the included spas and massage treatment.
We also worked our way to the restaurant needing booking (work our way as this is a complex thing to make a booking, lack of consistency between restaurant). Food was good at the Lotus (Thaï) and the Azzuri (Italian) but not great at the main restaurant. This aspect really disappointed me for that type of resort and the cost.
In general, the staff was helpful, friendly and welcoming.
Not having been swept off my feet, I do not believe I would go back there but rather try elsewhere. I would not recommend not to go, the hotel has a good set-up, but I would definitely recommend them to improve on their main restaurant menu and quality of food. It has to be as fantastic as the island!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives: Set amongst the perfect islands and blue ocean of South Ari Atoll (Alifu Atoll) in the republic of Maldives, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives delivers a unique 5 star resort experience and offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury along with a range of exciting activities that will appeal both to couples and families.Featuring 112 suites & villas, the resort offers diving enthusiasts outstanding diving opportunities including an excellent house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck and is within easy reach of the top dive spots in the Maldives. The resort offers all guests a premium all-inclusive vacation experience, along with a perfect white sand beach and the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean.Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives offers more than simply daytime sun, sea, and sand. The resort features a variety of dining options, pools, recreation activities, Sports and Fitness facilities, bars and lounges with nightly entertainment, SPA Cenvaree, and a Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives