We came here on a family trip, we all live on different places around the world. Met up in Bangkok and made our way to Maldives. We were very excited for this trip but it was all over pretty soon.
Our flight from Bangkok was delayed which forced us to take a domestic flight instead of the luxury seaplane. We waited 4 hours for the flight to find out it was cancelled. We got put up in one of the worst hotels possible. Imagine a run down building with crappy rooms, toilet an shower barely worked. Air conditioning was pumping out warm air. Yes and we paid for the full night at centara.
We thought alright this is the best they can do for now I'm sure they would accommodate once we get to the hotel. We got to the hotel just now to find out that the management team is cruel and doesn't care about customer service. They put us in what we would say a 1.5 star hotel compared to Centara. We explained the situation and asked if we could extend our stay and have the money we technically for the first night applied for the extend night. Answer was no. The "manager" named Doi said. We paid for your accommodation last night. Which is an equivalent of maybe 10% of what we paid for at Centara.
Her responses were we already compliments you last night. So we said we would pay or the crappy 2 star accommodation and take an extra night here with the money we have given you. She said no. How can a luxury hotel treat their customers this way. They are in a service industry, it's about providing service not taking advantage. We would understand if the rooms were fully booked but they are not.
Anyways...You guys see the situation
Just be prepared that if your flights get messed up, Centara will screw you over win no sympathy.
However the place is amazing
Too bad our loyalty to Centara after years likely ends here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives: Set amongst the perfect islands and blue ocean of South Ari Atoll (Alifu Atoll) in the republic of Maldives, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives delivers a unique 5 star resort experience and offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury along with a range of exciting activities that will appeal both to couples and families.Featuring 112 suites & villas, the resort offers diving enthusiasts outstanding diving opportunities including an excellent house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck and is within easy reach of the top dive spots in the Maldives. The resort offers all guests a premium all-inclusive vacation experience, along with a perfect white sand beach and the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean.Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives offers more than simply daytime sun, sea, and sand. The resort features a variety of dining options, pools, recreation activities, Sports and Fitness facilities, bars and lounges with nightly entertainment, SPA Cenvaree, and a Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives