“First class staff” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“First class staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

As regular users of the Bulls Head we find it hard to blieve adverse comments about the staff at Denby. One of our party uses a wheelchair and they bend over backwards to assist us at all times(busy or not).
We have not yet been let down by the fare on offer, one of the party is a vegetarian so it is a nice surprise to see such a varied menu for her(not the usual cheese and broccolli bake)
Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

55% Recommend
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Beautiful meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I visited The Bull's Head on a Tuesday lunchtime and was thoroughly impressed. On arrival we were greeted by a lovely member of staff who showed us to our table. The inside has a wonderful ambiance and is very family friendly. We all ordered off the early bird menu, which runs from 12-6.30 and offers a range of wonderful food for the brilliant price of 2 courses for £7.95. I would definitely recommend the chicken goujons with chilli and ginger. They are served with a side salad which was beautiful - complete with fresh ingredients (quite unusual to see these days - browning lettuce seems to be a common occurence). I also had the greek chicken which was faultless. The peanut chocolate crunch is also worth a try. Don't listen to the ridiculous comments below; at the end of the day it's a pub not a 5* restaurant. The food is lovely, the service is sublime, and the atmosphere is warm and inviting - and a 3 course meal for roughly £10 is always okay with me! I would happily visit again!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have eaten at the Bulls Head a few times over the last few years and the food has all ways been good basic pub food and plenty of it in fact too much sometimes. On the last occasion we rang for a table for Sunday lunch but were told they were fully booked but we could eat in the bar if we liked so we said we would be fine with that. We arrived in plenty of time and after standing at the bar for five minutes whilst two young girls stood talking I said excuse me and one looked around but then proceeded to carry on talking so after another five minutes we left. An older lady dashed through to see why we were leaving but I had had enough by then and we went elsewhere. I will add that there was no one waiting at the bar except me as it was only midday and not yet busy. I will not say we never go again but it will be a long time until the next visit. Please improve your staff training and maybe visit the New Inn at Milford to see how it should be done!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The service was excellent and there were plenty of choices on the menu, including fresh vegetables ...difficult to find these days. Dining was on two levels so again good choices of tables... a relaxed way to dine. Well worth trying.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Turnaround - Much Much Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am stunned to be writing a review again for The Bulls Head after only one month when we left thinking we wouldn't be coming back but I thought it only fair given what appears to be a huge turnaround. I had some correspondence with the manager who was concerned about our experience and said he would address it and sent us some vouchers to revisit. We left it a month, have just been back and was utterly suprised at how different the experience was - I even ordered the same battered fish I had before to see if it had changed and this time it was fresh, light and just as you would hope for! My husband had sausages which were thick and full of flavour, even the veg was fresh etc - we were even offered extra chips and veg at no extra cost! I still think 60 main dishes is excessive to do everything fresh but based on our revisit I can honestly say I will definately be going back now and trully hope it stays this way

• Visited November 2011