“recent dinner only visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ballyvolane House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fermoy
Ballyvolane House
Castlelyons, Fermoy, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Fermoy
cork
“recent dinner only visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Recently visited the restaurant at Ballyvolane house , dinner for four, a fantastic experience of fine wholesome cooking with a modern twist, a set christmas menu offering a generous selection of courses and v good value for the quality and variety offered. The house beautifully decorated filled with appropiate antiques and a wonderful xmas athmosphere , all this with Bellini and hot spiced apple juice in front of open fire to start with.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for dining with us recently. I am delighted you enjoyed the experience and we really appreciate the great review. I will share your comments with everyone here.

Thanks again and please come and see us again soon.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ballyvolane House is the perfect combination of old world grandeur and Irish coziness. We spent a wonderful long weekend soaking in our huge bath, reading by the open fire, walking through the beautiful grounds (chaperoned by at least one cute dog at all times) and exploring the local towns.

The food was a highlight; homemade bread and poached pears at breakfast, four courses of homegrown deliciousness at dinner, and even a yummy bottle of elderflower cordial in the bedroom. Big thanks to Breffne and the staff for their hospitality, they even found my boyfriend's lost glasses in the garden and posted them back to us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted you had a great time. We really enjoyed having you here and Dumpling (our terrier) loved taking you for walks through the woods and around the gardens. I will share your kind comments with all the Ballyvolane House team and please come and see us again soon.

County Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful themed evening at the house. It was the setting for a drama presentation played out during the evening whilst enjoying a delicious three course meal. The setting, service, food and entertainment were all first class and we will definitely return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for coming to Madame Chavelle Theatre & DInner. I am delighted you had a good time and we really appreciate your support.

Thanks again,

Baltimore, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were very pleased with the premises and the overall visit. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The food was very good - the beef was perfectly cooked. Overall we found on our particular stay that the owners, who were running an event in their second premises, did not give much attention to their house guests, as a result. Other guests had two very small children, who were left run riot during breakfast time - their parents took no notice and neither did anybody else! We will, hopefully, give it another try soon as the setting and house are beautiful and the young lady serving us and the granddad who took the breakfast order were a delight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback. I am delighted you liked the room and enjoyed the food. I'm sorry we were absent when you stayed and I would like to assure that this was a rare occurrence as we are normally always here to give attention to our guests. I have noted your comments about the other guests' children and we will address this issue in a tactful manner with parents.

Thanks again for staying and I appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We loved everything about the Ballvolane house. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. If you love a great bath then this place is perfect for you. We slept very well! The dinners are well worth the experience. Food is fresh and delicious. A great experience to enjoy dinner over candle light with the other guests. The service is excellent! This was a highlight of our trip and we hope to return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying and dining with us. We really enjoyed having you here and I will share your kind comments with all the gang here. We hope you will come and see us again the next time you are holidaying in Ireland.

Thanks again and please keep in touch.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Booked accommodation and dinner for girlfriends birthday but was delayed leaving Dublin so rang ahead to see if cancelling dinner reservation was an option, was told it was no problem and to take our time. On arrival, at about 9.30pm, I was immediately confronted by the Owner who said that they had lost money on us cancelling the dinner as they had already bought the food and "hired extra staff" for us... I explained that I understood the margins small business work at and that was why I specifically rang ahead and was told by their staff that cancelling dinner reservations was not a problem at all, they still insisted I was in the wrong. I went to bed fuming and didn't go back down into the house that night as it was now awkward.

I must say the rooms were great, we had a superb sleep and breakfast was good the next day.

This is a nice place but the reception we got certainly made a bad impression.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Patindublin_12,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. I would like to assure you that your experience is not typical of how we normally welcome our guests to Ballyvolane House.

When you phoned us that afternoon and asked about dinner, we did say that canceling dinner would not be a problem. However, how we left it was that you agreed to phone us back to let us know if you did not want dinner here that night. As you did not phone us back, we took it that you would dine here so we prepared dinner for you and kept on the extra staff. When you arrived and informed us that you had already eaten, we were very surprised. We always make every effort to check if our guests are dining here as we only have 6 bedrooms and it makes a big difference to us.

I am glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast and we very much appreciate your feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My fiance and I traveled all the way from Chicago, only going by pictures online and word of mouth recommendations. When I saw the house in person it was better than I could have hoped for. Justin & Jenny were lovely hosts. The food was probably the best that we had in Ireland. We couldn't stop eating, it was so delicious. The only issue was my wedding dress being a little snug.

Room Tip: All the rooms have different personalities. Some of the bathtubs are old school with no showers, so...