Initial impressions were very positive. The area has to be one of the most picturesque in the country.
Check in was short and sweet.
We were staying in a ground floor loft suite on a corridor just off the reception area.
Our room was spacious and bright with the bedroom on a mezzanine second floor with full length windows facing onto a patio area with no view.
As I began unpacking I noticed something on the floor next to the bed. I bent down to pick it up only to realize too late that it was infact an upturned bloody plaster. To say I was horrified is an understatement. (I have attached pictures of this)
We were aware the receptionist hadn't mentioned any of the activities or spa treatments we had booked so we had to return to reception to enquire. Only then we were told there had been a mix up with one of our activities and the session was now fully booked up. We were extremely disappointed as we had purposely booked everything weeks in advance. This took a full 2 days to rectify after many queries on our part.
On our second day we were awoken to the noise of dozens of children shouting and running up and down our corridor. This continued for hours with no intervention from hotel staff. Finally I rang reception to complain. Absolutley nothing was done. We were horrified. We had come to Delphi for a relaxing break and it sounded like we were in the middle of a playground for 3 days. Apparently these children's holiday camps run all year so bear this in mind if your looking for peace and quiet!
Food in the restaurant was of a good standard. The bar food was average as was the breakfast.
In the little cafe outside I asked what the soup of the day was and she admitted she had no idea..we were then given forks to eat the mystery soup..
The spa was very nice, although the thermal suite is quite small. I had a facial with Brid and it was fantastic, probably the highlight of my stay. The seaweed baths are great too.
We went Kayaking which we enjoyed although we were suprised that nobody enquired about our ability levels until it was too late.
We presumed it would be quite tame but it was very tough, not for the faint hearted!
We found the room cleaning service to be very poor. Hotel toiletries were not replaced and the floor was never swept despite the obvious dirt. Our personal belongings were never tidied. Little things like our flip flops were always left sprawled on the floor.
The morning of our check out I sat down to fill in the comment cards only to find someone had already had the pleasure. They were dated 9 days previous and no one had bothered to replace them let alone look at them. Very poor again.
The bar were doing cocktail promotions on the first night which were delicious, when we returned the next night for some more were shocked to be told there wouldnt be any because they had run out of fruit and other ingredients!?
We were very disappointed with certain aspects of our stay. The real redeeming factor for this hotel is its location. Its stunning. We will return to Leenane but not to this hotel unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's Leading Adventure Resort & Spa is located along the Wild Atlantic Way, just 30 mins from Westport and 80 mins from Galway City. The resort is nestled amongst the scenic splendours of Connemara on the north shore of the famous Killary Fjord. It is surrounded by breathtaking mountainous scenery and just a stone's throw from the Atlantic Ocean. With so much on offer at Delphi Adventure Resort & Spa, there's simply no where quite like it in Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Delphi Adventure Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphi Mountain Hotel Leenane
- Delphi Mountain Resort And Spa
- Hotel Delphi Mountain