“Sugar loaf view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Powerscourt Hotel - Autograph Collection

You added Powerscourt Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Powerscourt Hotel - Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Powerscourt Estate, Enniskerry, Ireland (Formerly The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
dublin
“Sugar loaf view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was in the hotel with my boyfriend. We booked a room online: there was some confusion about our booking when we arrived in the hotel, but the receptionist looked after us really well and the manager came to greet us and solved our dilemma.
This problem was soon forgotten when we seen our room. It was better than we could imagine: the size of the bed was extraordinary, the bathroom was built for some long forgotten Roman Godess - it was really romantic.
We had our dinner in the restaurant in the hotel: the place was as beautiful as a palace should be and the food was excellent ( reasonably priced). There is a little Irish themed bar in the hotel where we had some drinks, reasonably price as well! The ambiance was lovely.
The next morning, we declined to have breakfast due to it being really pricey, which was the only problem we had with the hotel. We wanted to see the spa and the swimming pool, unfortunatly, we didn't have time. We will come back to this hotel for sure, being more carefull with our booking next time.
The breakfast was overpriced which is strange but we will bring more money next time because it looked really good!
PS: the parc at the back of the hotel is a must see!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul H, Assistant Front of House Manager at Powerscourt Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear lndublin,

I am so glad to see you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us, even after some confusion on arrival. We do hope to welcome you both back again soon.

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed herre on Feb 8th/9th 2014. We went for our friends birthday and got upgraded to fab suites. The staff are exceptional and couldnt have done enough for us. The food was delicous and the spa was out of this world. The girls in the spa were brilliant and gave fantastic treatments.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MccarthyF,

Thank you for such a kind review, I am so glad to here you enjoyed the birthday celebration with us and hope to welcome you back again for the next celebration.

Sandyford, Dublin 18
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I worked here when the Hotel first opened and thought what better way to spend my Birthday celebrations than in a bit of luxury. To summarise - I wasn't disappointed!

Myself and 4 friends booked a weekend here - our reservation was seamless.

From the moment we walked in to the Hotel, we felt like Royalty - a bellboy intercepted to take our bags - check in was friendly and efficient - we were both upgraded to fabulous Garden View Suites (definitely work the extra few pennies) - the rooms facilities explained in great detail etc...

The Hotel is still as opulent as I remember even since the new takeover.

The Breakfast Buffet in The SugarLoaf Lounge was delicious but the highlight of our trip had to be the Spa...we had booked a Spa Day Package including treatments, use of the Thermal Suites and lunch - an absolute bargain!

Katie at the Spa Reception couldn't have been more welcoming with Dan (my therapist) giving me one of the best Massage & Facial Combo's I've ever had.

Big shout out to Stephen (Front Desk Team) for our tour of the Presidential Suite and Robert (Chief Concierge) / Kellie Ann (Spa Manager) for making our stay so memorable - we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear LisaDoyle,

It was great to have you back with us as a guest! Thank you for your excellent review, I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. I will ensure Stephen, Robbie and Kellie Ann are made aware of your great review.
We do hope to see you again soon.

Portrush, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

A luxurious and charming hotel with a welcoming and elegant spa. Our room had a mountain view and. was spacious with a well appointed bathroom. The bed was comfortable and housekeeping impeccable. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and the service was charming. Breakfast offered a wide range of buffet choices and freshly cooked hot options.
The gardens and setting make the powerscourt hotel a relaxing and tranquil location and the spa and pool are just right to recharge the batteries !!
We look forward to a return visit

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear trigger25,

Thank you for this lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Newtownards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my wife and two children for a weekend break at the start of February 2014.
The hotel and the surroundings are magnificent. The staff were extremely helpful and the room was spotless. The price for food and drink in the hotel is naturally high (approx €25 per person for breakfast and €50-€60 per person for an evening meal), but the hotel offers complimentry transport into the small nearby village of Enniskerry where there are a few good reasonably priced restaurants. On our way to the hotel on the Friday evening we stopped at the Powerscourt Arms Hotel for something to eat and we all liked it so much we ate there four times and at Emilias Italian Restaurtant once.
The Sugar Loaf Lounge in the hotel is very relaxing and you could quite easily spend a few hours in the Espa pool and spa area. The pool only allows children in between 9 - 12 and 3 - 6pm, but if you time this right it works very well.
The Powerscourt gardens are beautiful and the Waterfall is something to see, although you'll have to drive to see it. It cost us €16 for a family pass.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend break and we would go definately go back to the hotel to celebrate a special occasion. It made for a terriffic base to explore the Wicklow area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear jn_mccormick,

Thank you for your kind review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very reasonable prices, rooms done to an extremely high standard, staff were very polite and welcoming. Our stay was memorable and the spa was the best I have ever been to with the pool, sauna, hot tub and a nice shower afterwards. I recommend this hotel if staying in Ireland.

Stayed February 2014
Paul H, Assistant Front of House Manager at Powerscourt Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Brendanmurph,
Thank you for your excellent review. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcome you back again soon.
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I don't even know how to sum up my seven day stay at Powerscourt, just thinking about it takes me back to such a relaxing, beautiful, and pleasant first visit to Ireland. From the moment we checked in we were greeted by the most pleasant staff I've ever encountered at any hotel. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home, and ensure you have everything you need.

We stayed in a suite which I found to be spacious and inviting. I loved the heated marble floor in the bathroom! The pub and restaurants served such good food, and again, every one of the staff we encountered were wonderful. They even drive you to the nearby village if you're looking for something other than what's on-site.

The setting for this hotel was perfect for me. I was drawn to Ireland because of its landscape and I my expectations were exceeded. This hotel is set on beautiful well maintained grounds that invite you to walk and take in the scenery. Only a short distance from the sea-side town of Bray, and 20 minutes outside of Dublin, you still feel like you are in the heart of the country while staying accessible to city conveniences. I highly recommend that if you find yourself at this hotel that you go to Bray and do the Cliff Walk. It was breathtaking!

Maybe it's an Ireland thing, but I really liked how the hotel does not nickel and dime you for important conveniences like WiFi. We'd much rather spend the money on a few extra pints at the pub downstairs. ;)

And the thing we loved the most was the spa. The gym is spacious and well equipped, with a nice view for your workout. The pool looks exactly as it's depicted on their website. It's so serene, and peaceful down there with the music and the crystal lit pool. The absolute best thing was the Hannam Suite; a hot steam room. We tried to get as much time in at the spa as possible, going at least twice daily. The staff in the Spa were so nice.

As wonderful as everyone was at the hotel, I have to give a special word for Pip who works in the spa. When we told her about our interest in walking around the countryside, she not only told us of great places to go, she looked up all the information about the locations online, and sent it all to our room with a lovely note. Her recommendations were perfect, and it really added a great touch to our trip.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin. Worth every penny, and more.

If I can make two suggestions to the hotel that we thought would add to the experience:
1. Add lit signs for the hotel from Enniskery Road. Until we got the hang of it, we passed it quite a few times since it's on that sharp corner. We noticed many others turning around at the same gate just past the hotel because they too had missed it.
2. Please, please, keep the pool and Hannam Suite open later. Often times coming back from our excursions, we would have loved to relax at the spa before bed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sam9000,

Thank you for your review and the tips for fellow visitors. I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your suggestion on the pool opening times and signage, we will take these on board.
I will also ensure your comments are passed onto Pip.

Paul

Been to Powerscourt Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!