This hotel was absolutely amazing from the gorgeous golden décor to the fantastic staff whom bend over backward for guests. We stayed in a suite for the length of a week and we never felt claustrophobic in the slightest. The room was very welcoming and the electronic control panels situated throughout the rooms were fantastic and very fun to play with. Wonderful floor to ceiling windows that showcased the garden and it's sculptures. Now for the best part...the bathroom! The marble floors in the bathroom are HEATED, there is a television inlaid into the mirror with a surround sound wired throughout the bathroom, there is a massive soaking tub, and a rain shower head. The guest service was everything the Ritz Carlton stands for, going above and beyond for it's guests.
Pro's: The pool is located in the spa, but it is free; the chance of early check-in increases if you check-in Monday thru Thursday; the village of Enniskerry is only about 5 minute drive from the hotel with cozy restaurants!; the hotel will drop you off into town if you wish; McGill's is fantastic and reasonably priced; bicycle rentals are complimentary and the enormous hotel property is a beautiful ride.
Con's: The hotel is approximately 30 minutes outside the city of Dublin, the main highway to Dublin has tolls (it's toll system is a bit complicated, it's best to avoid if possible)
We had rented a car for our stay in Ireland, which is highly recommended as the transportation systems are not always reliable. If you do rent a car a GPS rental is a must!
Despite popular belief Ireland has a zero tolerance for DUI's, any alcohol in your system is grounds for an arrest, and the staff informed us the garda (police) have DUI check points.
If you are a smoker it would behoove you to know that only certain stores cell cigarettes and they are not on display. There is a heavy anti-smoking movement so do not be surprised if instead of a label on the pack it's a picture of a person with cancer. You are also not allowed to smoke in public area's, ask a local to find out where it is ok to smoke. If you are a non-smoker like we are you'll find it rather nice =)
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Ritz-Carlton Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding among luxury five star hotels in Ireland and set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country is Powerscourt Hotel, a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and offering guests a host of amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.