“Very decent family Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Enniskerry, Ireland
“Very decent family Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have eaten here a few times now and have to say very decent Pub grub never had any problem with it yet , staff are very friendly . would recommend this place to anyone

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shippensburg
“Great fun on New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We visited the Lounge on the first day of our week-long trip to Enniskerry (Powerscourt Ritz-Carlton). The locals were friendly, and we liked the atmosphere of this pub. The food was fine. We didn't go back a second time for the food. We stopped in at 11:30 on New Year's Eve and enjoyed celebrating in our adopted local pub. . . .Hugs, dancing, whiskey. . . .All great fun. Thanks for making us Yanks feel welcome.

Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Value Pub Grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband & I have had pub grub in this village pub on a number of occasions & have never been disappointed. Mid week specials are a main course & glass of wine or beer for €16. The food is tasty & wholesome, good choice, service is friendly & efficient. The decor is modern & the lounge is normally busy even mid week so there is a good buzz without being too noisy. Certainly wee worth a visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“one good and one disappointing meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My sistet and I went to lunch in the refurbished lounge. First impressions nice decor and popular for lunch.

We were greeted by the friendly maitre d who advised us of the daily specials. My sister chose the salmon and I had the thai green curry.

Service was a bit slow but the food when it arrived was beautifully presented. My dish came on an oblong plate the rice was beside a bowl containing the curry.
The salmon was lovely alas not so the curry it was like a thick coconut soup and contained six pieces of chicken and one slice of green pepper.

When paying the bill I mentioned my disappointment to the maitre d to which he replied I was the second person to make that comment and he would inform the chef !

We adjourned to a nearby coffee shop for desert and coffee

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I had dinner there after trying Johnny Fox first and finding it too noisy, expensive and touristy. Very polite and accommodating staff, the place had a good buzz. Decor is a bit ordinary, but the food was tasty and reasonably priced, nothing fancy, just good food. They had a main special (steak) for 16 euro which included a pint of Guinness, so very good value. Would definitely go there again.

• Visited November 2012