“Room with a view. !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Ennistymon
Limerick, Ireland
“Room with a view. !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Falls in Ennistymon. Despite the cold weather, it was a very enjoyable experience. I have stayed there before and felt that they have improved a lot in the last year or so. I)) was fortunate to get a room overlooking the river and the cascading falls which are a very well known tourist attraction.
The room was large, clean and well equipped, with TV, tea maker, hairdryer etc. I was with a big group of motorcyclists at an annual social gathering and the general opinion was that it was an excellent weekend. There was live music in the bar both nights and it was pretty good. ! The highlight was the Saturday evening dinner, the menu was good and the food excellent and plenty of it. We found the staff friendly and attentive and the manager on duty was very much hands on.
The buffet breakfast was absolutely brilliant... again,good food and plenty of it.. !!!!
The spa leisure / facilities looked good and seemd to be quite popular, especially for a hotel in a smallish town. There was plenty of lounges and areas to sit and socialize if you didn't want to stay in the bar. Unlike some of the other reviews, I found reception helpful and informative..... (maybe they read these and have taken note.. !! ) All in all, I would be happy to return again.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is near reception, sometimes you can hear music etc. if there is a wedding on. Leve...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Firstly delighted to hear that you made it to the Falls Hotel & Spa as I know some of your fellow motorcyclists got snowed in up the North and missed out on your fantastic annual gathering with us in Ennistymon. Thankfully you were one of the majority and were lucky enough to get your much anticipated weekend away at the Falls Hotel & Spa.
You have given us praise for every department of our hoteland for that I am very grateful. You have complimented our location, setting, bar, lounge and our River Spa. You also point out how excellent you found all our staff to be and this feedback is respected.
After a long motorcycle I can imagine that the food on offer is important and we do pride ourself in the quality and quantity that we offer.
Can't wait to see your group return next year and hopefully the weather will be better.

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really wish I could rate my stay better but overall the negatives won out. Now I always read these reviews aware that some people like to moan about the smallest features so I don’t soley base my decision on reviews.

From a hotel stay I basically look for a nice room, hotel with facilities available at a good price and good customer service. Our rate was €220 for 2 nights but our room was one of the older ones and not like those on the website. Big and cold. Also remote wouldn’t work from the bed as was too far away. Shower was also bad. Customer service – I didn’t experience any. Gave up trying to order a coffee at bar on Saturday as one poor guy doing all the serving. Got no introduction to hotel and its facilities on check in. Never asked about stay on check out. Service needs to improve alot.
On the plus side very nice spa area but this was not enough to bring up my rating. Would I stay again – yes maybe but would be expecting a big improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms as seen on the website.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Firstly I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and see that along with the River Spa we have a lot of positives to offer.
Again the busy nature of last weekend probably explains why you may have felt our service was not up to the high standard it usually is but this still should have not occured.
Most of our rooms have been greatly updated and improved but at the busiest times like last weekend the rooms that still have to be improved are the only options available.
Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just back from a weekend in the Falls Hotel and although there are so many lovely parts and features to this hotel. I think they failed on some very important aspects.
On check in we were told where our room was, no mention of the restaurant location, times for breakfast dinner etc, same with the spa and pool area.
Our room was at the top of the house, it was very dated and quite cold. The TV was so far away from the bed you had to walk half way across the room so you could change the channel with the remote control! Again on check out, we weren’t even asked if we enjoyed our stay, just a ‘thanks folks’ as if it was all good. Staff friendliness was a key part of what the Falls sold and over the weekend, I didn’t experience any of that at all I am afraid.
Until all rooms are at a par, I think a different rate should be quoted because where we stayed and what the website promote were two very different things.
Breakfast was great, good variety and really tasty. The spa area was great with such a lovely sauna room and the outdoor hot tub was fab.
The location is just gorgeous with views of the cascades and river but I think the place needs an injection of consistency to make it more appealing.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for one of the newer rooms on booking.....
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Starting with the positives you have alluded to I am delighted to see your high praise for our food on offer at the Falls Hotel & Spa. You also appeared to have really enjoyed our facilities at our River Spa which is encouraging. Our scenic location also received compliments and this too is very pleasing to hear.
The greatest concern about your stay is your disappointment about our reception staff. Generally our staff receive vast praise for their friendliness so it is disappointing to see that you were left unimpressed. The only possible explaination was due to the fact it was a very busy weekend and maybe you visited the desk at the busiest time but even still you should have received a better welcome.
Thanks for all your feedback and it will be taken into consideration.

Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with my boyfriend last weekend and overall we had a good experience here. I'll start with the negative

In the package deal we booked there was supposed to be slippers, robes and wine awaiting us on arrival. We had the slippers and the wine but there were no robes which was a disappointment as I was expecting them. I don't particularly like to complain about things and it was only a minor thing so I left it. The wine I assume had at some stage been chilled in an ice bucket but by the time we arrived it was sitting in a bucket of room temp water which was also a bit of a disappointment. While sorting out our bags and unpacking etc we also happened to find a dirty sock that was left behind by the previous guest.

There was supposed to be a hairdryer in the room so i didn't bring my own but the tiny device attached to the bathroom wall had very weak hair-drying abilities and seeing as my hair is very thick it wasn't even worth the effort to try and dry it. The shower took a long time to heat up and could use updating as it was old fashioned looking. The car park is a bit mad and although there's plenty of places to park, there could maybe be some lines to define the spaces as some cars parked with very large gaps taking up more space than was needed and the first night we had to park far from the entrance. Finally our room was 403 and is very near reception so we could hear the music from a wedding that was on and could hear guests coming and going very often and the window is just across from one of the public rooms so we were a little conscious of people being able to see into our room.

The positive, The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean (apart from the stray sock) and tidy and very large and spacious, and apart from a tree in front of the window, the river view was very nice. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep apart from some noise from the wedding reception on the first night. We were impressed with the breakfast and we went at 8:30 so it wasn't too busy but the dinner is what really impressed us. We ate in the Cascades restaurant and the service was great, very friendly staff and the food was absolutely gorgeous. I really liked the style of the hotel and the location and it was nice to stroll around the grounds. Our package deal included breakfast each morning and one three course meal as well as the robes and wine and the price for this was very reasonable and quite good value.

We didn't get an opportunity to visit the spa or pool though we did hear nice things about it. I want to point out also that the hotel seems to be a popular hotel for families as there were a lot of families there during our stay.

It seems as though the negative in my review outweighs the positive though the negative points are only small. Overall we were impressed with the hotel and had a very nice and enjoyable stay and would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: I Would avoid room 403 if you are a light sleeper and want a quieter room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I'm delighted that overall you and your boyfriend had a great St. Patrick's weekend with us at the Falls Hotel & Spa. Your praise for the service we offer is very kind.
You particularly seemed to enjoy the level of cuisine we serve both at breakfast and especially at dinner in our Cascades restaurant. You also compliment the quality of our friendly staff and I have to agree with you in speaking highly of our location. Walking around the grounds of our scenic location is a must for any visitor here.
As you say yourself there were only a few minor negatives but I appreciate the feedback. I investigated your missing robe and this was due to us being all out of them. You should have been told this on check-in as our reception team had been instructed to inform our guests.
The melted ice was unfortunate but this may be due to a lack of knowledge of an exact check-in time. Sometimes the presence of a wedding does bring a greater level of noise and atmosphere but we do locate all our wedding guests together on a seperate floor of the hotel.
We would be delighted at the Falls to see you return again in the not so distant future.

Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend had a weekend stay for two nights. In our bedroom the shower was broken in the bathroom with no running hot water and constantly cold. During our two night stay our room wasn't serviced once i.e we received no fresh clean towels or bed sheets. We were also woken up on our 2nd night at 4a.m. with the fire-alarm going off for 2minutes. We had an offer of afternoon tea during our stay where we received a pot of tea which tasted like coffee and two scones which had just been defrosted from the freezer and were not fresh. Decor of the bedroom was very outdated and the hotel in general needs a major revamp! Very disappointing hotel stay indeed.

Room Tip: Upper floors are meant to be of a better standard and a higher finish.
Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Reading your review I am disappointed you did not enjoy your recent stay with us here in Ennistymon. I would like to try and address some of the issues you have raised. Fire alarms are a necessity for any establishment, with all our guests safety in mind but sometimes a false alarm may occur due to no fault of the hotel but I realise the timing obviously was not perfect in the early hours. Our scones are baked freshly in-house and are served heated to all our customers.
In relation to your biggest concern I personally spoke with our Accomadtion manager and she ensured me that every room is serviced daily. The only way a room is not serviced is if a do not disturb sign is present and if this is the case the room is then rang and asked if they would like their room serviced or if anything in particular is needed.
Thank you for writing this review and I hope that you may return again in the future.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in the Falls Hotel.We had a gorgeous meal in the cascades restaurant served by hard working friendly and very helpful staff.Our breakfast was delicious also with plenty of variety to suit all tastes.The bedroom was spacious and comfortable and spotlessly clean.We enjoyed immensely a swim in the pool and relaxing in the jacuzzi and sauna.I would look forward to going back.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
It sounds like you had a terrific stay with us here in Ennistymon. Descriptions like a "gorgeous meal" always makes us feel like we're doing a good job for all our guests. You seem to have been equally impressed with our breakfast menu which is another good sign. I think you made a wonderful decision by visiting our River Spa also as there is really no better way to relax! We equally look forward to having you back again to us at the Falls Hotel & Spa!

Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. the Hotel in is middle town in central location. close to cliffs moher and other tourist attractions. there is ample parking and the staff were very friendly. the hotel food was ok and bar was busy with good atmosphere. there is no wifi in the bedrooms which was little annoying but free wifi in reception and bar. there is a pool and gym both which were good. the hotel room was clean and warm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
We are pleased to see that you chose the Falls Hotel & Spa as a central base for visiting the many tourist attractions located near us here in North Clare. It's pleasing to see your praise for the atmosphere in our Dylan Thomas Bar and also your kind words for all of our staff.
We are currently considering increasing the availability of our wifi to our rooms so this advice is acknowledged. I hope you have a return visit already in your mind!

Falls Hotel & Spa

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!