“Great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ennistymon
Cork, Ireland
“Great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Super hotel, really clean and the staff were very friendly. We also thought it was a great location, was central to everywhere we wanted to visit. Only thing I would say is that the "games room" in serious need of a revamp! If it were a more child friendly room, which wouldn't take much to do, it would make the hotel a perfect destination for families with younger children.

• Stayed October 2012
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay with us in the Falls Hotel. I’m delighted that you found the location, staff and all facilities good. With regard to your observation on the games room, we have a plan in place to do some work on it this winter.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon and thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Exterior of hotel has potential of a gem in the barren wilds of Claire. Set in the falls of Ennistymon with an old world exterior, the interior disappoints as a 'modern day' fix. The bar lacks character and warmth, and lacks potential as a potential local haven. The Sunday brunch was TERRIBLE, cold, low quality beef. Breakfast was staffed by a disinterested manageress with cheap bacon. Rooms were clean and functional. Furniture matched, leading to unoriginality in design. Bathrooms are dated and staff don't knock. Nothing that outraged but a series of small disappointments

• Stayed October 2012
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I’m sorry to read that you were disappointed with our hotel and the design of the extension and the bar plus the bedrooms, which were refurbished, it’s a pity you don’t like the matching furniture. I’d like to apologise that you received an under par meal during your stay. We normally get positive feedback about the quality and range of food that we offer. We are a family owned and managed hotel and at all times we strive to offer the highest quality food, service and value with a warm, friendly Irish welcome and I’m sorry that in your opinion we did not achieve this on this occasion
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. I didn't try the swimming pool, however, both the outdoor and the indoor Jacuzzis were enjoyable, as was the Sauna and the Steam room. Although the view of the Inagh River Falls from The Dylan Thomas bar restaurant are beautiful, the menu is limited and the quality barely made the 3* rating. As my visit wasn't during the festival season the Bars in village which is only a few minutes walk were quiet but the local and publicans were friendly. Over all we enjoyed our break and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Given the option take a room overlooking the front of the Hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the setting, facilities and the rooms and that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. I’m sorry that you found our bar menu limited. The bar offers a carvery lunch menu each day and our bar menu after that. We do have other dining options in the hotel, an a la carte menu in our Thai River Restaurant and a set menu in our Cascades Restaurant, maybe you can try those options when you’re back with us again.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback.
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was a great place, nice fitness center, good food, freindly people... The donkeys were a positive plus to the experience, and the town being just a short walk away was a big plus. The rooms were clean. My only complaint were the pillows. I may just be a pillow snab, but only one hotel my entire trip had exception pillows and bedding. I would stay here again, with my own pillow.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow, but a great place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the place, food, people, the leisure facility and of course our 7 donkeys.
Sorry that you didn’t like our pillows but I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything else. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Lido de Jesolo italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent Christmas here last year. Pricey. Hotel setting lovely .Leisure centre very good. However Christmas lunch very poor. No Christmas feeling in hotel. Christmas eve mulled wine very spartan in a cold setting of the large bar. Wont return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello TripAdvisor Member,

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your Christmas stay with us last year and that you found it expensive. We have guests that come back to stay with us every year due to the quality and quantity of food, the family atmosphere and the great value for money. This year our 2 night stay which includes 2 nights dinner, bed & breakfast plus Christmas day lunch, a visit from Santa on Christmas day with gifts for all the children plus live entertainment each evening is only 249.00 euro.
I’m sorry that you feel that this was not the case when you visited last year.
ottawa Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

this is a wonderful place to stay with plenty of unique features. we loved the donkeys on site with a contest to name the latest baby. the falls are nearby and are lovely. the staff are friendly and helpful and overall it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: face the falls
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review, following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will get the opportunity to visit the hotel again in the future.
Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful stay at The Falls hotel. Everything was just as we had hoped. The apartment was spacious and well-equipped. The pool and spa were lovely. Our kids partook in swimming lessons and the teacher was brilliant with both of them. Food in the Thai restaraunt was delicious& staff were friendly and efficient. My only complaint was that the steps of the stairwell nearest to apartment 19 (where we stayed) were so slippy due to moss growing on them that my son & I both fell on them. Luckily we escaped with scrapes and bruises. My husband informed reception who were dismissive and nothing was done during our stay. Aside from this,we thoroughly enjoyed our stay & hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I’m sorry to hear that you had a slip on the back steps leading up to your apartment during your recent stay with us; this has been sorted out and thank you for bringing it to our attention.
With regard to the rest of your stay, I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the facilities, food and the staff and I will pass your comments about the swimming lessons onto our two teachers, Niamh and Nicola.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!