“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Lahinch
Blackrock, Cork, Ireland
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I had my stag party in lahinch this April and we stayed at this hotel. We could not have been looked after any better. Everything was so smoothly run and we were all highly impressed by the standard of the hotel, food and staff. They treated our group exceptionally well.
I would certainly reccomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013
ClareLGL, Manager at Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your weekend with us in the bustling town of Lahinch. We are constantly working to improved standards in the hotel & are very happy that you & your friends appreciated what our hotel has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lahinch in the near future.

Best Wishes
Deputy General Manger

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Waterford, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed in this hotel impromu.so I didn't do any research on the hotel.
The hotel has a nice lobby area and quaint nooks and crannys with seating around fires to relax. This sets a nice mood to the hotel.
The rooms are basic. Our shower didn't work properly. Spent ages trying to fix it. The bathroom sink,bath covers were off/broken. WiFi was not working in the rooms. This is all very basic and should be right. The guest book in the room has typo errors. This to me shows a lack of actually caring. The restaurant/bar is nice. Sat down by a lovely real fire. Then on to ordering food:it was a disgrace. The lasagne was dry and looked like it was out for 2days. The coleslaw was gone off. My friends curry looked like it was sitting in a bowl also for a day. This was disappointing because it looked like a nice menu and we were looking forward to sampling dessert but after dinner we said we wouldn't even try a dessert!
The corridor where the bedroom is has a really annoying ticking sensor thats obviously broken. The ticking never stopped.
Overall a disappointing stay. It had lovely potential.
It was cheap as it was last min deal but the hotel itself were charging 69e for room only. I'd have been disgusted if paid that. We only paid 45e on trivago.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear David
Many thanks for your recent review. We appreciate all feedback both positive & negative and use it as a way of constantly improving the service we provide. We took your feedback very seriously & all issues raised have since been rectified & trust that they will not be encountered by future guest.
We hope that you will return to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel in the future & should there be anything I can assist you with to make your stay more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Booked a deal on pigs back.com for two nights in a suite for four people and went last week with my two daughters and all I can say is wow the Suite was lovely a very modern room with a double and single bed and there was a large sitting room and kitchen which had a microwave, fridge and kettle and cooker I could easily have stayed for longer it is very central in the town with lots of car parking at rear free to residents. The staff were So kind and helpful and the breakfast was very tasty. The leisure complex was lovely and pool was quite warm there was a lovely lounge area very old world have booked a return surf trip for june

Room Tip: Book early and reserve a suite
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ClareLGL, Manager at Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Colman
Many thanks for your very kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & were “wowed” by your experience! Our one & two bedroom Suites are very popular with couples, families & groups alike & we are very fortunate to have many repeat guest each year. We look forward to you return visit in June & thank you again for taking the time out to write the review.

ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed In this Hotel for 3 Days in April 2013. On arrival at the Hotel I was greeted by a not so Pleasant Receptionist.. The Room was pretty basic. It was a very crowded for such a small area.
The Wifi did not work at all which was quite disappointing. The Food was very expensive. Its like all the Hotels and Restaurants are trying to make 100% profit in each Sale. The Rooms are Clean and basic facilities. Nice Swimming pool. Still its very expensive for what your getting. We also had dinner in the Atlantic Hotel this was also very expensive and the portions were poor. You know it's not a good thing when you leave somewhere hungry after paying over the odds for it. The town is nice but its very expensive. Has a nice Chemist, ATM is located at the Tourist office at the end of the town. There is also an ATM located in Centra. People are not over friendly or helpful which is disappointing. The area has great views. I think you would get just as good accommodation in any of the B&B's in the area. I do not think this place is anything special considering how much your paying for your stay. I would return to Lahinch but I do no think we would return to this Hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tony
Thank you for taking the time out to write your review. I am glad to hear that you found the town of Lahinch to be nice, your room clean & you enjoyed our Leisure Centre Facilities. It’s disappointed that you found Lahinch as a whole an unfriendly town as we pride ourselves in being a very friendly & customer orientated hotel & can assure you that your encounter with reception was out of the ordinary.
I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future & if there is anything I can do to make your next stay a more pleasurable, please don’t hesitate to contact me at mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com

Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is splendid. It is a stones's throw form the wonderful beach at Lahinch and a leisurely stroll to the shops, bars and restaurants of the bustling town.
I found the receptionist to be polite, helpful and obliging.
The bedroom was well furnished and the bathroom sported a sizeable bath. After a long walk on the beach I relaxed in the Leisure centre which had a nice pool, sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi.
I had a wonderful stay and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maria
Many thanks for your kind words regarding the hotel. We are delighted that you had such a relaxing stay with us which we wish for all our guests. Indeed Lahinch is a bustling town with lots to offer all age groups.
I hope that you next stay will be as enjoyable & relaxing as the last.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed in the Lahinch Golf and leisure hotel for a two day family break. After booking through a well-known discount site (Pigsback.com) for the princely sum of 129euro I was somewhat hesitant as to the actual quality of the hotel due to the price I paid. These fears were in fact completely unjustified as from the moment I arrived to the time of departure a most pleasant break was experienced by all. Travelling from Cork with three small kids in the back, my patience was sufficiently eroded by the time I reached Lahinch.
Pleasant and courteous staff greeted us, probably identifying the high stress levels induced by the three urchins who fought solidly for the entire two hour trip. The room was ideal. Clean warm and spacious, it was a family suite with a pull out couch acting as a second trampoline for the kids. Although the hotel appeared to be quite busy at the time noise levels were either negligible or perhaps completely drowned out by my kids. It is in fact possible that someone out there is writing a terrible review with all complaints centred on boarding next to the Croods. No real complaint can however be levelled against the hotel as our entire stay was extremely enjoyable and as relaxing as possible. Our deal was breakfast only, and this was buffet, with the facilities and food more than adequate to set my tribe up for the day. While there are no games room worth talking about there is a nice pool with a kiddie pool that entertained my threesome for a few hours.
On both evenings we dined in the bar where we found the menu to be both suitably priced and diverse. The food itself was tasty and served in sufficiently sized portions but most importantly the staff here were extremely pleasant and tolerant as my little monsters began to reboot their respective energy levels and test the decibel ranges of their shouting. The only real complaint I had was that on the second night, another guest ( a fellow Corkonion I’m sorry to say) sat at the bar informing the staff and indeed all the patrons in the near vicinity of both his extensive sporting knowledge and alleged sporting prowess. Not before I might add, informing all in sundry of his more salubrious address in Cork, lest anyone think he was he was one of us mere serfs. Not that there could have been any real doubt as the geansai wrapped over the shoulders and the docksiders were most certainly a giveaway (Yes, people do still dress like this). For the record, this sporting seers tip for the year – Kilkenny for the hurling. Majestic.
Overall we were very satisfied with our stay here and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. Granted, the glorious sunshine enhanced our experience and the price would make it difficult to credibly criticise at any level, but having stayed in numerous hotels throughout the Munster region over the last number of years this was perhaps our most favourable experience and we fully intend on revisiting. It is at the hotels discretion to either take this as a threat or a compliment
Lahinch itself appears to be a seasonable town so I am not sure how many of the local businesses would be open in the winter. During our stay we did manage to visit some of the local attractions. SeaWorld was ok. Some nice displays but after twenty minutes the kids having viewed everything wanted to leave despite my insistence that we were staying to get our money’s worth even if it meant walking past the exhibits twenty times. While we didn’t use the pool it looked to be a 25m pool and bizarrely, had a guy paddling on a surf board when I looked in. I don’t know how he could look in the eyes of the surfers who were braving the freezing temperatures across the road. Then again I don’t know how they can look in the eyes of any man when they parade down the beach covered head to toe in wetsuits carrying 18ft boards and “surfing” the three inch tidal ebb that laps over the tranquil sand. They remind me of those lycra clad Sean Kelly’s that now plague the landscape. Every corner on Eire’s highways now providing poisonous images of flabby neon’s perched on spleen compressing saddles.
Some of the nearby attractions we visited included Aillwee caves where we shared a most pleasant afternoon with a large, presumbably visiting, Arab family. This in turn provided one of the more surreal events of the weekend when hiking up in the foothills behind the cave. A few of the Arab children had ventured up further into the Burren incurring the wrath of their father in the carpark below. Indeed he bellowed with such gusto in his native tongue I thought he was on the verge of detonating. The sound memory of Arabic reverberating over the Burren on a sunny crisp afternoon in the picturesque Burren will stay with me forever. It even invoked images of what the natives of Baltimore must have heard coming over the hills on that 17th century raid. Both the caves and Birds of Prey visitor centres are an enjoyable if somewhat brief day out. As often tends to be the case the best part of the day was taking part in the free activity of trail walking through the beautiful Burren.
We rounded off our getaway break with a repeat visit to Craggaunowen in east Clare. This in my opinion is the best of all family trips in the Munster region. Reasonably priced, with good weather this will entertain kids of all ages. We spent three hours strolling peacefully around the park finally utilising the picnic facilities to feed the almost forgotten hunger pangs.
So Lahinch, Clare, both east and west, you did not disappoint. We will be back. You have been warned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gary
It was with great pleasure that I read you recent & very pleasant review. We are delighted that you & your family had such an enjoyable stay with us & experienced some of the many delights that North Clare & surrounding areas has to offer visitors.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel very soon.
Many Thanks
Portadown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel had just reopened after being closed for winter - this wasn't at all obvoius as it everything was running smoothly.
Check in was simple, rooms where clean.
Breakfast was excellent and staff helpful for freshly cooked egs - poached or fried.
Bar Area was warm - friendly staff and fire well stocked with wood.

Great place for a surfing or cycling holiday and very well priced....

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room ... maybe over car park... as street noise from revellers can be loud and late...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aaron
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your experience. It’s great to hear that you found everything was running smoothly on our opening weekend & you had a pleasurable experience.
We hope to welcome you back to Lahinch again very soon.
Deputy General Manager

Been to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!