“Fantastic experience for kids” 5 of 5 stars

+353 (0) 86 8448622
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Ben has been coaching surfing since 1993 and set up Bens Surf Clinic in Lahinch Co. Clare to become the top Lahinch surf school. We provide top quality surf lessons with a difference. We work in small groups (max 6) with a level 2/3 surf coach to give lots of personnal attention and hopefuly help you progress quickly. We coach all levels from beginner to advanced including video analysis. We were Irelands first hard board surf school and are delighted to coach you on your own board, or bring you throuhg the complete basics.All our lessons are for two hours in the water, as we believe time in the water is waht people really wnat and is also the best place to learn. We have a wide range of lessons and course for kids right through to the old adventurer so come along and try a new surf experience.
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic experience for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have just returned from a week in Lahinch with 3 families travelling together. Our 13,11 and 10 year olds were booked into Bens classes for the week and progressed from being a bit nervous in the sea to being enthusiastic surfers! Lessons were with Ben and Julia and both teachers had a perfect balance of safety, knowledge and enthusiastic support. Meanwhile we hired body boards and wetsuits for our 5 and 6 year old boys and wetsuits for ourselves and they little ones progressed from 'there's water in my eye!' on Monday to charging into the surf (with us adults!) by Friday.
In all, the staff in Bens clinic were fantastic; professional, friendly and very cool as well. Many thanks to all the staff for a terrific week and we are all looking forward to returning next year!

London, United Kingdom
“Great quality instruction in a wonderful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Full marks to Ben - really got some great specific instruction, which helped our group a lot in catching waves and correcting bad habits.

I would recommend him without a doubt if you are looking for lessons. There are plenty of good surfers out there who simply aren't good teachers, or are more interested in catching waves alongside you than focusing on helping you make the most from your lesson. Fair prices too.

Lahinch, Ireland
“Bens Surf Clinic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Im living in Lahinch all my life and finally got around to my first ever surf lesson only yesterday (shocking I know). The 2 hour lesson with Ben was AMAZING I never expected to be able to do as much as I did on my first try :-) Bens is a fantastic intructor I couldnt believe the progress I had made in the 2 hours with his guidance!! I went with 2 others, my friend also a first timer and my brother who has done a bit before. I lost count of how many waves we caught!!!! Im absolutely hooked :-) Ive also done a few rock climbing lessons with Bens Suft Clinic too. Rocklimbing is a MUST when in the area. I had never done it before (except once at an indoor wall). I was never the best with heights but that went after the first climb with Brian! Not only is it one of the coolest thing ive ever done but the location in the Burren is Beautiful. You couldnt ask for a better setting to do a lesson :-) I cant recommend Bens Surf Clinic enough!!

Bray, Ireland
“Ben's Surf Clinic - Class Act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We decided to give surfing a go for our hols. Hearing this, my husband’s friend recommended Ben’s Surf Clinic in Lahinch and they were right. It is now just over three years on and we still go back for sessions with Ben and his team. All the good things are still there – small classes, great coaching with individual attention from an enthusiastic team of coaches, great fun and great value. Even when we have just rented a board we are amazed at the feedback readily offered. I’m just back from a couple of days trying out my first ever surf board (did I think I would be here three years on?) and hats off to them- on separate occasions I was offered some great tips by two of the coaching team. This was totally unexpected and very welcome. Can’t speak highly enough of Ben and his operation and his enthusiasm runs right through the whole team. Can’t wait to get back to Lahinch and book in.

Visited June 2013
“BEN IS AWESOME.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Ben is absolutely amazing. I'm the most in athletic person you could ever meet, and I almost stood up on my board in 1 two hour lesson. Ben is very friendly and pushes you to do your best. I would definitely recommend Ben's Surf Clinic to anyone looking for surf lessons/rock climbing and a good time.

Visited May 2013