“First time suffers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 13 Activities in Lahinch
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Lahinch Surf School is about Friendly, Safe, Fun in the surf.Established by John McCarthy, three times Irish Senior Surf Champion, John established Co.Clare's first Surf School to share his love and 'stoke' for surfing. Lahinch Surf School has stayed true to that dream ever since. When we're not surfing big waves at the Cliffs of Moher (the wave John named "Aileens"), you'll will find us at our 'Surf Centre and Cafe' on main street, Lahinch or at our Beach hut on the promenade.The positive ions are infectious dude!Courses: Outside of doing a single two hour lesson any day of the year, our most popular courses are the 'Weekend Surf Course' for adults, which is 3 fun lessons over the weekend and our Kids(9-12), Teens(13-18) and Grom(5-8) Camps in school holidays.You are welcome to come join the fun at Lahinch Surf School.
Kildare
“First time suffers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had an excellent experience with Lahinch surf school. All members of staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. They had all the suitable equipment needed for suffers of all ages and sizes. The lesson itself was great fun, our instructor Pat was very helpful and gave us plenty of pointers throughout the lesson. It was an excellent experience and I will defiantly go back.

Visited April 2013
LahinchSurfSchool, Public Relations at Lahinch Surf School, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for your stoked feedback!

We are thrilled to hear that you had such an excellent experience here at Lahinch Surf School and that you got to surf with Pat. Pat's a great surfer and been an instructor for years, he loves to give surfing tips and certainly knows his stuff!

Look forward to having you here again :)

Victoria, Canada
“Service quality at Lahinch surf school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Absolutely amazing service, and great gear! I have never been hot coming out from a surf, but after renting from John McCarthy I really was. Although I wasn't participating in a surf lesson, the instructor was obviously keeping an eye on myself and my friend and gave us some great tips which helped our technique.

Visited March 2013
Thank's so much for your review! Glad to hear that you were nice and toasty coming out from the surf! :)
All of our instructors are passionate about surfing and are always happy to give tips!
Look forward to having you back!!
Dublin, Ireland
“Great gear and great guys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had a great experience with Lahinch surf school. John and Pat were very friendly and extremely helpful. I own my own gear a but rented a wetsuit from them as my own isn't warm enough for March waters and it was fantastic, really warm and kept me toasty for a good couple of hours in the freezing cold and wind. Also they warm up the gloves, boots and hood with hot water before you put them on! Pure luxury! I was in the water near a lesson that Pat was giving and his pupils were doing really well and it looked like a great lesson. I highly recommend the school!

Visited March 2013
Thanks for your awesome response, Glad that you enjoyed the warm water experience!! We are very lucky to have such a great team of staff working here!
Hope to see again B-)
“Surf lesson in an amazing surf paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Spontaneous and funny surf lesson and john McCarthy himself, a famous surf professional, helped me a lot with finding a nice bed & breakfast in lahinch.

Thanks for your response and stoked to hear you had an amazing time here in Lahinch!
Hope to have you here again sometime :)
Galway, Ireland
“Great surfing =)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

my first time surfing it was great,
the weather was cold, the sea was freezing... the wind was blowing...
but with the wet suit it was surprisingly warm in the water, with hot water in the gloves, and footlings the changing was warmer :-)
to the surfing: IT WAS GREAT! great waves in Lahinch not to big not to small the teachers gave good feedback and helped alot atmosphere was just great!

Thanks for you review!
The water here in Ireland can be quite cold sometimes especially in March but thankfully wetsuits give us the chance to go surfing no matter what the weather!
Stoked to hear you had such a great time surfing here and hope to have you here again!
Cheers :)