“First time surfing!” 5 of 5 stars

353 87 9609667
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Lahinch Surf School is about Friendly, Safe, Fun in the surf.Established by John McCarthy, three times Irish Senior Surf Champion, John established Co.Clare's first Surf School to share his love and 'stoke' for surfing. Lahinch Surf School has stayed true to that dream ever since. When we're not surfing big waves at the Cliffs of Moher (the wave John named "Aileens"), you'll will find us at our 'Surf Centre and Cafe' on main street, Lahinch or at our Beach hut on the promenade.The positive ions are infectious dude!Courses: Outside of doing a single two hour lesson any day of the year, our most popular courses are the 'Weekend Surf Course' for adults, which is 3 fun lessons over the weekend and our Kids(9-12), Teens(13-18) and Grom(5-8) Camps in school holidays.You are welcome to come join the fun at Lahinch Surf School.
Dublin, Ireland
“First time surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Lahinch for a hen and we added surfing to the Sunday morning itinerary. Perhaps not the best idea hungover but what a great time! The guys there are SO nice and were very patient. Id definitely do it again, even though I'm a terrible surfer.

Visited March 2013
LahinchSurfSchool, Public Relations at Lahinch Surf School, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thanks for your great review! Surfing is a great thing to do for hens and stag parties as it is guaranteed good craic!
We are lucky to have such great staff - nice and patient and all know a great deal about the water :)
Thanks again, until next time! :)

16 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Fun - and not as cold in the water as you think!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were in Lahinch in November and a group of us went surfing on a friday morning. A couple of the guys refused to get involved because it was so cold but the equipment that is provided is really good and i was warmer surfing in the morning than i was at any other point during the day!

The instructor was Dan and he was a really good guy, very friendly and professional and on hand to give you tips as to how to get standing as soon as possible. Really enjoyed the whole thing and i would certainly do it again.

Visited November 2012
Thanks for your stoked review!
November can be quite cold but thankfully wetsuits do the job! Glad to hear you had Dan! He is a great instructor, loves the water and is undoubtedly friendly and professional!
Look forward to having you here again! :)
dublin
“surf's up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had a great two hours on Monday doing something I wanted to do for ages. Dan who was my instructor was easy going which made me relax and enjoy myself. I got up on the board 7 or eight times, which was great. A really enjoyable experience which I will do again. John rang me Sunday to reorganise a time to suit the conditions so the guys are really on top of their game.
If you haven’t done it before, do it and you need to look no further than John and Dan.
Thanks for a top couple of hours.
Hughie

Visited March 2013
Thanks for your great review Hughie! Glad to hear you finally got out to surf and enjoy the water on the west! We always try and have our lessons at the most suitable times depending on conditions!
Glad you had Dan, he is a great instructor and it's true very easy going!
Hope to have you back again! :)
“Great experience for all involved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had my stag party in lahinch. 11 of us went surfing. Were kitted out in the best of gear so could not feel the cold. Had 2 great instructors who were great craic. Would highly recommend lahinch surf school and surfing in general. A first for me but certainly not my last and the same can be said for the other 10 lads

Thanks for your awesome review! :) Stoked to hear that you and all the lads had a great time in the water and got some good tuition from our instructors who are always more than happy to help!
Look forward to having you back !
“Amazing fun....and a bit of excercise too!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I organised this activity for 11 people for my brothers stag party. We were a bit apprehensive on how cold it would be as it was the start of March. The wetsuits provided were top quality and none of us felt the cold. We had a 2hr lesson with 2 fantastic instructors who were great craic. Many of us had not surfed before. We all enjoyed the lesson and I would highly recommend this surf school.

Thanks for your great response! The water can be quite cold in March but thankfully the wetsuits so their job well!
Our instructors are all stoked, they are each well accustomed to the water and are very knowledgeable :)
Thanks again!