I decided to take my daughter and grandchildren away for a few days while I was staying with them in Ireland, they had stayed at the Clare Inn 4 years previously and my daughter warned me that although they had enjoyed themselves then there were some bad reviews. The first thing I found when looking for a place to stay was that there were few hotels that catered for families of 2 adults and 3 children in 1 room. My daughter told me that her eldest son really wanted to go back to Clare Inn. Despite the bad reviews I decided to book a deal and chance it. I'm so glad I did! The staff were very friendly when we arrived and it was immediately apparent that children were welcome. The decor was a bit outdated but it was clean and tidy. Our room wasn't ready so they switched us to a room that was. It was a lovely big room with 2 single beds a king size bed and a settee that doubled as a bed if needed. The bed was very comfortable and my daughter said he had had the best sleep for ages. There was also a table and chairs, a large walk in wardrobe there were howevery not enough hangers and draw space was not great although shelves in the wardrobe provided ample space for our needs. The decor was clean and modern and the room generally clean and tidy. Our offer gave a bed and breakfast for 3 nights and 1 evening meal. I have to say that the food served was delicious, plenty to eat for breakfast with fruit, cereals, several different types of bread and rolls and a wonderful selection of cooked food. The staff were very riendly and the service good. There was a good selection of bar meals and the meal we had in the hotel restaurant on the one evening we ate there was excellent. Children were well catered for and obviously welcomed. The childrens club provided activies in the morning and evening with the very popular Captain Jacks show on 3 evenings a week - the children loved it.
The basic swimming pool provided the opportunity to go swimming although at times it was quite full. the outdoor playground was enjoyed by children of all ages as was the crazy golf and pitch and put. The indoor soft play area gave further opportunity for the children to let off steam and although it cost 4 euro to go in was well worth it. The service given was good and any problems reported were attended to although perhaps not immediately depending on what it was. Notices asked that parents made sure that children kept the noise levels down in the corridor after 10.45 which I think was reasonable but not always adhered to. The corridors to the bedrooms were not always as clean as they might be although they were cleaned every day. A room service tray was left out in the corridor over night and really no excuse for this. The window in our room didn't had a safety catch to prevent it opening right out however I did report this on checking out and was promised it would be seen to - I should have reported this sooner
perhaps no excuse! To sum up our experience we all really enjoyed ourselves, leaflets in the foyer were handy to plan outings, we could relax and not worry about every little noise the children made, we had good food in good surroundings would definately return. Well done to all the staff at Clare Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are visiting Clare purely for pleasure, celebrating a family occasion or wedding, planning a business meeting or conference, the Inn at Dromoland is the best hotel for you. The Inn at Dromoland comprises of elegant guest rooms, a variety of Dining options, bar, conference and banquet facilities as well as a fully equipped health and fitness club. Our guests can avail of special rates for the Spa at Dromoland and also on the championship golf course in Dromoland Castle. The Inn at Dromoland commands panoramic views across the Clare Hills and Shannon estuary. A range of Clare attractions are located nearby including the Dromoland Estate as well as Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Craggaunowen and Ennis town. We invite you to explore our extensive range of special offers which range from Midweek and Weekend Breaks, Family Breaks and Luxury Package Breaks.The team at The Inn at Dromoland look forward to welcoming you and ensuring you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Inn at Dromoland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clare Inn Hotel And Suites
- Clare Hotel Newmarket-On-Fergus
- The Inn At Dromoland Ireland/Newmarket-On-Fergus