1. Gorgeous location and grounds. Immaculate property, beautiful gardens, lovingly cared for.
2. We were upgraded to a deluxe suite upon arrival, without our requesting it.
3. High standards of service were evident everywhere, and with every staff member. Staff were very helpful and pleasant without being stuffy.
4. Food, from breakfast to casual dining to formal dining was of the highest standard in freshness, quality, presentation and taste.
5. Quiet, relaxing surroundings, yet with lots of options for activities if we chose.
6. Amazing wine cellar!
7. Lots of wildlife - deer, birds, waterfowl - on the property.
1. Can't think of one!
- Also Known As:
- Dromoland Castle
- Castle Dromoland
- Dromoland Castle Ireland
- Castle Dromoland Ireland
- Dromoland Castle Hotel Ireland/Newmarket-On-Fergus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an extraordinary history stretching back to the 5th Century, the Dromoland Castle 5 Star Hotel in Ireland was originally the ancestral home of one of the few families of Gaelic Royalty; direct descendants of Brian Boru, the High King of Ireland. Approached by a meandering drive that passes acres of magnificent lawns, this Irish 5 star luxury Castle Hotel overlooks its own Championship Golf Course and a glistening lake which commands the panoramic beauty of the surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels and Orbitz so you can book your Dromoland Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.