Bored with city hotels, I decided to stay in the countryside and shot for a place on the sea (hoping to make this business trip look like a vacation). Well, that was a good surprise. The room was welcoming and clean, a nice desk to work, fast free WiFi, the place passes working condition test. I took a sea view room and didn't regret it: the landscape is beautiful and there's only a golf green between the hotel and the sea. If the temperature allows it, you can sleep with the window open as there is absolutely no noise coming from the outside. I have been driving back and forth to Derry everyday and liked the short scenic drive, not a burden at all. Breakfast was OK even if most of the warm dishes and croissants weren't served before 7:30 (don't go there at 7:15 like me). As I spent too much time working I used the bar for dinner but I don't recommend it every evening. I liked the place and will probably return next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana