“Friendly staff, would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Railway Road, Buncrana, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Buncrana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, we came hear for one night.. Defiantly great value, didn't have dinner in the hotel but breakfast was very tasty and the view while eating it was second to none.. Our room was overlooking the car park, very noisy, took us quite I while to get the broken window to close and it was still noisy, also the heat wasn't working- I did report this to reception but unfortunately they didn't land to sort it until I was fast asleep after 11!! Rooms are dated but clean.. Anyho I would most definitely recommend a treatment at the spa, it was a lovely treat, even my husband enjoyed it :-) overall stay very good, friendly staff, lovely area, i would stay again..

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was there out of season - so I got a very good rate through Booking.com. I think in summer it would be a lot more expensive ! Pool and gym on premises, and fabulous restaurant - great views and friendly/professional waitress !! A 5 star experience for a 3 star price !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed here on business and it is a very clean hotel with a good gym.The price I got on the corporate rate was outstanding!I remember the receptionists are lovely here and there are good options in the bar for food.I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013
Ireland Derry City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I must say the surrounding scenery is outstanding, you can watch the golfers out on the green. The Sunday Dinner, starter was a choice of fruit, salad, pasta, chicken and all sorts. Then you had your vegetable soup, main course turkey and ham or roast beef with roast potatoes and creamed, plenty of veg, brussels, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Then a selection of deserts, followed by tea or coffee. They have a large dinning area with plenty of space, staff very attentive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Bridesmaid and Best Man turned up to surprise my wife.

Weather was terrible, hotel is highly recommended. Wonderful views, helpful staff and very acceptable room. It had all that we expected, comfortable bed, tv and a bathroom, which was getting ready for a bit of an overhaul. Nothing wrong with it, just ready for a revamp. A bit dated.

The spa and pool were an added bonus. We each had a stress relieving massage

If you are a golfer there is a course in front of the hotel. For us, it was more fun eating breakfast and chuckling at the golfers slicing balls in the damp conditions from the dining room panoramic windows.

We had a bar meal the first evening as the dining room was busy and we were starving. This was good typical Irish fayre. Breakfast the next morning was buffet style and there was plenty of cereal, fruit and of course the Full Irish.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Foxford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I came up to Buncrana to play the Ballyliffen Golf Courses. The hotel was very nice and I decided to stay on for 4 days. I had a beautiful view from my room. The pool was wonderful for doing laps and the jacuzzi had good water jets and was very relaxing after a rigourous day out on the links. Breakfast was very good and dinner were so so, appetizer were very good, the main course so so and desserts were excellent. All in all I had a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A first class hotel! Everything was excellent. I normally find some fault but I tried hard and could not find anything to complain about. I read all the reviews before I went. We spent 3 nights there and everything was perfect. Asked for a sea view room on arrival and got it no bother and NO extra charge. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. Great location for touring Donegal county.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Inishowen Gateway? Share your experiences!