“A Restful Respite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caldra B&B

Caldra B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buncrana
Caldra B&B
Save Saved
You added Caldra B&B to your Saves list
Lisnakelly, Buncrana, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Buncrana B&B and Inns
Oakville, Canada
“A Restful Respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

After the din of Derry we welcomed driving into the sleepy town of Buncrana, and the refuge offered by Marie Vaughan's lovely residence. Modern in construction but tastefully furnished with a timeless charm, it houses spacious rooms with gorgeous views of the town and the lough through its many windows. Cleanliness is clearly a priority here, and the breakfasts are simply prepared and served on china. A very nice spot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front for the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Owens Cross Roads,AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our room was very spacious with a fabulous view of the town and lough. Innkeeper was very efficient, provided a filling Irish breakfast or continental service. One small peeve( and this could have just been a slip), there was no bathmat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the 1st 2 night's of our honeymoon(1&2 June) the family were lovely,friendly and helpful,great location and easy to find.The B&B is a clean and well kept place and very modern. Would definitely recommend and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ww must have stayed in a different B&B. The house was designed to be a B&B. The rooms are large and we had lots of windows therefore a lot of light. There were 3 beds in the room. The room was cleaned every morning. Breakfast was plain but yummy. No fancy stuff, just eggs,
meat, cereal, brown bread. yogurt, fresh fruit.

The ensuite is tiny as is the shower. The sink was tiny and low. Had to juggle things around to brush my teeth. No little bottles soap, shampoo body wash were present and I realized how dependent I have become on them. Friends joined us for a few days and we decided to "picnic" on the last night the friends were here. We asked the owner if we could eat in the room and she said of course and brought up plates and cutlery. (We brought our own food).

At no time did we ever feel that we were imposing upon the owner. She is a quiet slightly shy person with no blarney.

Finding the building was dicey, It is sign-posted well until their street - we drove back and forth several times and finally found the B&B - 2nd house on the right. The parking lot is tight.

Room Tip: second floor front - beautiful views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent one night in this B & B and had a very relaxing stay. The beds were extremely comfortable and I enjoyed the best nights sleep I'd had in a long while. The owner was helpful and friendly and gave us some pointers about some great things to do in the area. Definitey would recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at Caldra from Sept 14-18 2012, and I had very enjoyable experience. The house and the view was beautiful. The breakfast was big and tasty. The hostess was very nice always asking me where I went during the day, and she even offered me I ride to the bus stop when I was leaving. My room was big and comfortable. I think I spent more time in my room than I did on any other vacation because I was so tired from cycling in Inishoven during the day. It is a very nice neighborhood with cows in yards nearby. I have stayed in many Bed & Breakfast's over the last fifteen years (Ireland, Scotland, and Canada), and I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Derry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This B&B has a lovely view and is in walking distance of the town centre. The amenities are pretty basic, and the decor very old-fashioned but the place was clean and well-kept. However, as somebody else has said here, it was like staying in someone's else house, and we were both inconvienced and made to feel like we were imposing a little. When we arrived there was no-one in, and we had to wait outside for almost 20 minutes. Then we were locked out when we got back at night and had to ring the doorbell. But the thing that annoyed me the most was the fact that I explained to the owner when we arrived that I was a vegetarian and didn't want the cooked breakfast, yet she put one in front of me anyway and looked visibly put out when I politely declined it. Also, the only alternative I was offered was cereal and toast, which was kind of disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caldra B&B? Share your experiences!