“3 DAY WEDDING STAY - MAGICAL!! - THANKS AVON RÍ” 5 of 5 stars

Avon Ri
| Burgage, Blessington, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Blessington
madrid
“3 DAY WEDDING STAY - MAGICAL!! - THANKS AVON RÍ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I got married in the Avon Ri (30/08/12) and I am so happy and proud that my family and best friends got to spend 3 days in this beautiful location under the supervision of Cathleen and Andrew Boud (wedding coordinator + M.D. resp). We wanted for nothing. They give us 100% VIP care and the food, service, accommodation, logistics, Eric (restaurant manager) were all unbeatable.
The marquee is 'the' place to celebrate your special day - listen to Cathleen and all will go perfectly.

Many thanks guys - hope you read this!!

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Just back from great stay in blessing ton and the place is well worth a trip . We rented out houses for our stay as there was a large group of friends staying with the children . The kids had the best time of their lives . We went down to the lake side for an evening and the views were amazing . Kids loved putting the Wellies on and getting mucky . I recommend you book any activities you plan to do early . Our kids done the archery and the seg way and they loved it . I must say the young man Alan that helped us with our activities was so good and friendly and he really enjoyed showing the kids the ropes . Reception stay were also very friendly . The houses were huge and had all mod cons . All in all a great place to go for a break .

• Stayed October 2012
Swindon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed in one of the 'town houses'.
TV was broken, various kitchen equipment damaged, decoration tired.
Other guests had broken toilet etc.
So it really needs the properties revamped.
The pool - its okay. Small and a little cold for kids.
The changin room. Hmmm. It's shared with locals using the gym, pool users and more, so it's very very busy and as a result dirty. I noticed the cleaning schedule in the gents was last updated in December. Please clean the changing rooms.
Staff - reception staff need training.
Bar/restaraunt staff - some are lovely, one lady not local though has all the charm of a wet fish. So mixed bag.

Good points - the food is good, the bar has lovely views. Bedrooms are huge.

I wish this place well, it's a vital part of the local town. But it appears to be needing investment and better leadership. It's getting run down and shabby fast.

• Stayed August 2012
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were a family of 4 which included 2 small kids, when we checked in we found the house was not very clean, I was so disappointed I ended up cleaning the fridge etc and said to hell with this I did not come away to clean so I rang reception and they sent over a very nice girl called Michelle who addressed the issue. It was just a shame that this had to be done, there was a lot of hygiene issues eg stains on the carpets, dirty untensils in the kitchen and also there were a few maintenance issues which should be addressed eg paint work and skirting boards which should be replaced. There were 2 guys power hosing the following morning and thank god I was in the house as I had the windows opened upstairs who knows what would have happened, in normal circumstances hotels / resorts would inform the residents that this would be taking place. Also we went to the pool where I made sure that we all had our swim caps on and even had to buy one for the kids to discover the following day that there were a number of people in the pool in their boxer shorts and underwear with no hats !!!!!!!! the pool is not supervised (there are cameras at reception maybe they were not working this day hmmm ) We ate in the bar as the restaurant was closed (opened at weekends only) the service and staff there were excellent but could have had more variety on the menu eg sirloin steak / fillet of chicken (bacon and cabbage was the dish of the day on 2 nights we were told) I would question the standards of cleaning / servicing the houses at Avon Ri (The sofas were very dirty never moved and under the cushions terrible along with the legs of the coffee table underneath very dusty, shower heads very dirty and vents in bathrooms layered with a thick layer of dust - there for a while) Any way on a positive note the rooms were very spacious and the linen was clean tg.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked the Avon Ri as a last minute desicion. There where 4 houses and 26 people. Firstly we asked for the 4 houses together which was confirmed, when we got there we realised that the houses where not together. We found the houses to be well equiped for our needs for the weekend. As there where a few kids with us the activities where of up most importance. All the kids and adults really enjoyed the sports, given one or two bruises. One thing we found was when we originally confirmed the prices for each sport, when we went to book them we where getting over charged which we did not find fare as we where spending enough there, ie food drink, activities. The bar staff where so friendly and helpful through the full weekend and could not do any more for us. They are a credit to the Avon Ri. The swimming pool is nothing to write home about. The pool is very small and cloudy , we didnt know when they cleaned the pool. The sauna room was broken when we where there as well. It would be fantastic if they updated the pool area. If I was to go back down I would get confirmation of the pricing for the activities as they do all add up. Bring extra towels if you are staying more than two days, Cooking oil for breakfast. Everything else was brilliant and we would deffinitly go back down again as a family.

Room Tip: Some of the houses are permentally lived in, so maybe a little bit away from them and not near the c...
Laois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Having just spent the past week there, we were a family of 5 adults and 3 children. The house consisted of 3 bedrooms which were very spacious and the entire house was very clean. However for a family of that size I found that the fridge was too small for a self catering house. There is a need for alot more kitchenware ware too. The pool was great for the kids and I found it very clean. As I wanted to travel around Wicklow I did't book the children into the camp but to book individual activities I found too expensive as each activity was priced @ €25 per child per hour. This is very expensive as i had 3 children too pay for. The sweet shop was a complete rip off and I refused to use it. I can understand a small price increase but not the prices they were charging were over the top. Finally I have too say that €10 per day is too expensive for gas and electricity. As I didn't get my house until 5.40pm on the saturday I arrived I refused to pay the fee for that day and having to pay it for the day of departure is crazy considering you must vacate the house by 10am. The staff were very nice and pleasant at all times especially the lady on reception who tried to get me the key to use the back door to the garden.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sligo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Family of 6 stayed for 1 week end of June. Rented 3 bed house, very spacious bedrooms and well equipped kitchen. Very comfortable beds and overall a very clean house. Food in the hotel bar was top class and reasonable and staff were very friendly and efficient. Only negative was the showers which had very little power and the jacuzzi did not seem to work properly. Lovely location on the shores of Blessington lakes. Great facilities on site for families with Gym, pool, sauna, tennis courts animal farm and water sports. All houses are within 2 minutes walking distance of hotel. Would highly recommend for families or couples young or old.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Avon Ri? Share your experiences!