We had a fantastic quick stay at Kilbrogan House in July 2011.
It is a lovingly restored old mansion, with beautiful historic details and all the comforts you could desire. This was the neatest building! We had fun exploring the rooms and hearing about how they renovated it.
Our hosts were personable, helpful, and very good cooks! They also accommodated our very late arrival, which was extremely generous.
- We stayed in the rooms on the top floor, which were comfortable, quiet and spacious
- Huge bathtub and great shower
- Delicious breakfast with a lot of different options
- Catherine was quick to help us plan our routes in the area and tell us the history of the house
- Great jumping off point for exploring the area.
- Ample parking in lot
- Resident dog is very quiet and laidback
For exploring Kinsale and other nearby towns, this is a great option!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast and Self Catering (Holiday Rental) guest accommodation in an elegant historic townhouse built in 1818 in Bandon, County Cork, South West Ireland. Situated 16 miles from Cork Airport, it is an ideal base for touring the South West. Kinsale, Bantry, Clonakilty and the Blarney Stone are within 20 minutes drive. 5 minute walk to Bandon town centre where there are restaurants, pubs and shops. ... more less