“Golfer's Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Golfer's Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The 19th Lodge is a treasure that should not be missed on your swing through Ireland's Southwest. We visited for Ballybunion's world-class golf courses, which are a draw for many Americans (like me) and others from around the world. In my extensive travels through Ireland I have found no place which exudes the warmth and hospitality the country is famous for like this wonderful B&B. Literally across the street from the golf course, the rooms/bathrooms are fantastic/soothing after a day on the links or touring around the scenic countryside. The Beasley family hosts you with charm and delicious breakfasts (I had none better anywhere on the island). And we were lucky enough to have their talented daughter sing a few traditional ballads and contemporary tunes for our group before turning in for the night! A highlight of our visit to Ireland.

Room Tip: Each room is distinctive, some have a view of the golf course, second floor rooms have a better view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The accommodations were very nice and comfortable located adjacent to two golf courses and with in close walking distance of the Irish Sea. Our host James and Mary made sure our stay was enjoyable. the breakfast was almost over whelming with such delicacies as smoked salmon and low fat bacon. The king size bed was beautifully made up. Terrific room!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hands down the best night of sleep during our trip for all 4 people in our party! From the very beginning Mary and James made sure we all felt comfortable and welcome. It definitely felt like being in a friend's home with a spacious comfortable room, and delicious breakfast made to order. In the morning when we reluctantly had to leave, James ran out to help me with my bags, and stood in the doorway with a warm wave goodbye until we pulled away. I would highly recommend The 19th Lodge to even the most finicky of travelers coming through this beautiful area!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Where to begin. First of all I am a bit late with my review. For this I apologise to James and Mary.

I spent two nights in July with my mum, 84 and my dad, 87 in the 19th Lodge. We were made feel so welcome from the moment we arrived. James and Mary are excellent hosts. Our room was on the bottom floor with a lovely view of the golf course. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated in warm colours. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was spotless. The breakfast was delicious. I would highly recommend staying there and I would love to go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The 19th Lodge Ballybunion, where do I begin, this is by far the best accommodaion I have ever stayed in. Myself and my friends travel to the Listowel races every year and since finding the 19th Lodge we would never stay anywhere else but here. From the moment you arrive Mary and James are the most welcoming and friendly hosts imaginable, the house is absolutely spotless and the rooms are so spacious and also they are the height of comfort.

The breakfast menu is wonderful catering for all, as both my friends are vegetarians, whatever they want is never a problem. We look forward to our stay again next year with Mary and James. I would highly recommend the 19th lodge and I guarantee when you have stayed there once you most definately will want to go back. As myself and my friends say sure isn't is just like going home.

Agnes Moloney

Kildare

Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed a few weeks ago with some buds for a guy's golf trip. Lodge is great, rooms were nicely appointed, location to Bally is ideal, and Mary & James were the best. Such great hosts, they really make you feel welcome and comfortable. Highly recommend staying at the lodge.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were hear on a golf outing and had the pleasure of Mary and James hospitality and warmth. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. We had the chance to meet and chat with Mary, James and their daughter Mirren and heard stories about some of their interesting guests.

They make a great effort to make it a personal experience in every way. They determined our exact breakfast time and had a special breakfast available for us at their chosen time. They helped us with personal items and were very open to us enjoying their entire facility.

Well worth the visit. We will be back and enjoy the experience again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The 19th Lodge? Share your experiences!