“What a place to retire to after a day of chasing the little ball” 5 of 5 stars

Teach de Broc
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Link Road, Ballybunion, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“What a place to retire to after a day of chasing the little ball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned from a golf trek in northwest and southwest Ireland. Outside of the golf, the highlight of our trip was Teach de Broc (pronounced choc de brock). Aoife (prounouced Afa, or Ava) and Seamus Broc are those rare innkeepers who make you feel like your welfare actually matters to them. I had a very early tee time at Ballybunion's Old Course and Aoife (who is not the regular chef) got up early and had a perfect omelet waiting for me at 6:30--she volunteered this, mind you, I never would have requested it. The rooms are airy, clean, and of good size. I had a view out my window of Ballybunion's Cashen Course. (I have better memories of that room than I do of that course.) Taking their cue from the top, everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The food and the wine are excellent. I don't normally go out of my way to review a place, or anything, for that matter. But in this case I felt it would be a shame not to laud a place I'm absolutely sure will please anyone who goes there..

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My bet is that you will have an incredible experience to remember at this wonderful Irish Country House. I travelled there with a group of sixteen American golfers to play the Ballybunion Cashen and Old Courses. The challenge presented the amazing and charming innkeepers, Aoefe and Seamus Broc, in handling the needs and desires of this large group was significant (the fact that I know their names should say volumes about the warmth and friendliness of the place). They outdid themselves to make us feel at home throughout our three day stay, giving us a very personal affirmation about that fabled Irish hospitality. The ambience of the place is superb. As I understand it, the hotel was built in 1994, but has the grace and look of old Ireland. Why did I love it besides the neat innkeepers? First of all, it is situated better than any accommodation in all of Ballybunion. The clubhouse is in full splendid view from the property, a short walk away. My own room looked out upon the practice facility across the street. Pretty cool. The rooms are spacious and tastefully well appointed. The public areas, a small bar and living room (remember this is a Country House) were very inviting. The food is excellent and service very professional and friendly. What's not to like? Teach de Broc is a MUST for anyone visiting Ballybunion and MANDATORY for anyone golfing there. This was my first visit, and I can't wait to come back again. This is the Ireland I'd hoped for. . .and got in spades at Teach de Broc. Steve D from Santa Fe, NM

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the Ballybunion practice facility.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my 8th visit to Teach de Broc over an 18 year period of time. My golfing group could not get over the outstanding service, meals, and friendship exhibited by every member of the Teach de Broc team. Of course, I knew the experience would be outstanding having been there many times. Their restaurant Strollers was the highlight meal of our 7 day golfing trip. The food was exquisite and service was top drawer. You will love your stay at Teach de Broc. Slainte!!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Booked on recommendation from cousins and wasn't disappointed. Made to feel very welcome by our smiling hosts from start to finish. Well appointed rooms with excellent views all around. Great food at reasonable prices. A special mention to Wendy who brightened up every breakfast time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here and absolutely loved our stay. The food was the best we had in Ballybunion and the owners were so helpful. They went out of their way to make sure we had a fantastic stay, and even provided us with a free birthday cake at dinner! I would definitly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at our friends' recommendation and wasn't disappointed. Great rooms which are comfy, clean and a good balance between modern and cost. Had lovely breakfast with lots of choice (choose from full Irish, french toast, omelettes, pancakes...) and really friendly service. If you're playing golf this is ideal, just walk over with your clubs! We also walked back from the centre of Ballybunion, took about half an hour on a straight road. Will recommend, thanks again for a great stay :-)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

stayed here recently on a golf trip with friends. this guest house was a perfect fit for us. we stayed 2 nights and had dinner at the house both nights. each night was as good a meal as I have ever eaten. Seamus and Aoife were such hospitable hosts and Dermot was a hoot! rooms were clean, spacious, and brand-spanking new! everything about this stay was perfect and I would stay here again and again and again.....

Room Tip: room 10 was a corner and a perfect location for one of the members of our group. it had a great vie...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Teach de Broc? Share your experiences!