“Can't wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Promenade Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballybunion
The Promenade Hotel
You added The Promenade Hotel to your Saves list
Sandhill Road, Ballybunion, Ireland   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Cork
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I visited the promenade hotel with my husband last Saturday night! We were supposed to stay in the golf hotel, but the golf was very busy so we stayed in the promenade. The hotel, the staff, the food and the atmosphere was fab!! A very nice girl Siobhan gave us breakfast in the morning, she was very helpful!!! Looking forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed July 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed for one night, stayed in a room facing out the back of hotel. hotel was lovely, staff were very helpful and very friendly. Room was very clean. Had nice decor. Food was lovely n well presented. Can't fault this hotel. Would defo like to stay here again in the future.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights with my partner and our 2 year old daughter. We stayed in room number 11 and I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel room with such an amazing view. All staff were very helpful and even the chef came to our table for feedback on our meal. Don't think that has ever happened to me before. The food was beautiful and our daughter who is normally a fussy eater enjoyed it. €10 kids menu very well priced. This hotel is family friendly and the staff really made us feel welcome. Looking forward to staying again in the future.
Thanks pat and staff!!!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Firstly we did not book this hotel, we booked the Golf Hotel however either through overbooking or the fact that we were a family and there was a rock Band playing the weekend we got moved to this hotel which is a stones throw from Main Street.

We got room number 11 which had the best view of the castle the sea and the ladies beach, in all my time going to Ballybunion I enjoyed this stay the most for the view alone.

Rooms are basic but comfortable, clean and warm. TV is limited to 4 channels shower is good.

We stayed 2 nights, Breckfast on both mornings was excellent, reasonable selection of cereals, fruit, yougurts for kids.

We had dinner on the Friday night, we were the only 3 for dinner,early season, however that did not stop chef putting out 5 star food just for us, both the seabass and rack of lamb were gorgeous, house wine was reasonable. He even came out to check the food was ok and if we needed anything. Never had this before from a chef.

This is a holiday town and it is extremely quiet if weather is poor or weekdays outside of July August, however do not let that put you off coming to this B&B, I say B&B as Pat the manager looks after the place like he would his own, he is extremely attentive to customer needs he really made us feel welcome, nothing was too difficult and he is extremely professional. He even offered me a sandwich for my 6:30am rise to get to Golf course.

I would most definetly stay here again and I will be looking for room No 11.

Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just back from a romantic night away with my partner. The promenade hotel is in a perfect location, right across from the amazing beach. The room we stayed in was extremely clean and we also availed of the free wifi which worked perfectly. Dinner was fabulous, the food was delicious and the service staff were really friendly. The chef also came out to the tables to check if everything was cooked to our liking which added a real personal touch. Breakfast was also lovely. I would recommend this hotel to couples as well as families. We will defo be returning and we will bring our daughter with us. Defo a hidden gem!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located on the seafront overlooking the Atlantic Ocean this hotel has fantastic views and is lovely inside. Food was well presented and tasted delicious. Lovely friendly service and a great price. Bedrooms clean and modern. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

So disappointed. I vetted this hotel for guests to stay in as I was getting married in ballybunion, its beautiful, however One of my guests was moved into another hotel - golf hotel which is hideous, as they didnt have any staff to look after The Promenade! I had to chase the staff to get back to guests in the first place to confirm bookings! You'd think they'd want the business!!!! Stay elsewhere, like Kilkooleys which is fabulous!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Promenade Hotel? Share your experiences!