“Best B&B in Irelan” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 27 Bunratty B&B and Inns
KIngston, NH
“Best B&B in Irelan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

I've been to Ireland 6 times and stayed in a gazillion different B&Bs, and this is my favorite. We found it 2 years ago on our honeymoon, and we'll never stay any other place on our last night. The rooms are gorgeous, the beds unbelievably comfortable, and the breakfast excellent. Everything we look for in a B&B was here. It's close to the airport, within walking distance of Durty Nelly's, it has roomy and powerful showers, hairdryers and plugs right at the mirror (for all you women out there), and the rarest of all things in Ireland, a single spicket bathroom faucet, so you have warm water without filling the basin. And I found the owner to be a wonderful woman and her daughter, who runs it with her, was lovely as well. We LOVE this place, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Beaufort, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We were in Ireland for a week and this was a wonderful B&B. Great sheets and towels
and the room was very clean. I would recommend this lovely house. It is a great location from the Shannon airport and close to restaurants. Also enjoyed the breaksfast. Best B&B we stayed in on our trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Contrary to the previous reviewers experience, We've had nothing but Irish hospitality throughout the duration of our stay. We came in late last night and were greeted warmly by the owners. The towels and bed were the MOST comfortable we've had since arriving in Ireland and our breakfast was ABSOLUTELY superb! I would recommend anyone stay at this wonderful home as they journey through Ireland...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

After three weeks in Ireland and multiple stays at several B&Bs we were completely taken aback by the cold welcome at Bunratty Villa. From the moment of arrival the owner, Jack, treated us as if we were complete nuisances for being there. I’m not exaggerating, I can see how some guests may be construed as too chatty (or not chatty enough) but literally from the moment the door opened he seemed annoyed, if not borderline rude. Still, we pleasantly introduced ourselves and each offered him a handshake (he actually looked at the ground as he barely shook my hand). We thought – he’s only human, perhaps we caught him at a bad moment, but as conversation progressed he only seemed to get worse. My husband and I felt terribly uncomfortable, even after we were in the room with our door closed, we felt like unwanted guests in a stranger’s home. Also, he never showed us the guest lounge (which I crept around searching for – unsuccessfully - while my husband was napping). Turns out, the door to the lounge had been closed, and I didn’t feel comfortable knocking in case unfriendly Jack was on the other side. We had hoped his wife (whom we didn’t meet until the following morning) would compensate for his shabby attitude, but no such luck. She wasn’t rude, but wasn’t pleasant in the least either. She did, at least, ask my husband during checkout if everything was ok... but that was the extent of her ability to converse. Don’t know why they are in the B&B business if they don’t like people. On the plus side, the place was clean, the rooms were nice enough and the breakfast was sufficient. However, if you are a people person and want to experience any type of Irish hospitality – stay at Dunaree (right down the road). Penny at Dunaree is a gem.

Stayed October 2008

Been to Bunratty Villa? Share your experiences!