“My Stay at O'Sheas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tramore
Bray
“My Stay at O'Sheas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Glad I did not heed the negative reviews, stayed one night on a tight budget, guy on phone was very friendly, got a deal and was greeted with a smile on my arrival.
Would recommend to any Reps doing business in Waterford, good atmosphere in the bar.
Found room to be clean and warm, staff where pleasent and helpful.
Will defo stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thanks Brian for your positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Please spread the word that we are open every night and for regular customers we offer very special deals. Thanks again and hope to see you in Tramore soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wirral U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here as it was dog friendly as it turned out it was people friendly, Ok the room was a bit small but it had plenty of hot and cold water. and it was clean
Breakfast was very good and front of house more than helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, I hope that you both and most especially your dog, wnjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Ireland. If you choose to visit us again and I really hope that you will, please request a large room and I will ensure that we will reserve the largest room for you.
Once again thank you for your review.
ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went there on a pigsback voucher. It came with a bottle of wine as part of the deal. They would not give us the bottle of wine with our dinner, only given on check out?? most unusual.

Rooms are small, no lift. Would not recommend for those with prams.
Only go if you get a bargain price as noise from nightclub/pub was loud.

Lovely woman doing the breakfast. Location is great for the beach.

Room Tip: Higher up the better as less noise I guess.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Nuala McG,
Thank you for your honest review. It was our policy to give the bottle of wine on departure with the pigsback deals, as this deal was such good value- 2 nights bed & breakfast for 2 people for only €99.00 & when we pay our commission on this deal we get approx €84.00 (€21.00 per person per night for bed & full Irish Breakfast).

It is noted on our website that we do not have a lift.

Yes, we have got entertainement at the weekends during the summer season.

Thank you for you compliments to our restauntant staff - they are always cheerful & happy.
Holsworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Luke Furse Contractors stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst attending the National Ploughing Championships and the launch of the Grassmen's Keep 'Er Lit DVD.

The rooms were first class and the service was exceptional, no one could have been more helpful. The bar had a wonderful homely atmosphere where we enjoyed some Irish country music. Would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Luke Furse Guests,
It was our pleasure to accommodate you during the Ploughing Championships, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Good luck with the DVD - and I hope that the Ploughing Championships will be in this area next year again as we would love to accommodate you again.
Once again thank you for the nice review - it is very much appreciated.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I and my extended family are regular travellers to O'Sheas in Tramore, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the comments are a bit over the top. I have never witnessed an unhelpful receptionist, bad food, dirty rooms or rudeness, and to be honest I don't pay to stay in a hotel for the view out the back windows.

You get what you pay for and the food in the restraunt is top notch, and the waitresses, Maureen is a scream and would cheer up any sour puss, as is Mary the receptionist and Josie the Barmaid. O people have a talk to yourselves, give the owners the chance to rectify any problems you may have and don't wait until your back home.

And if all else fails I'm sure there's plenty of 5 star hotels with 5 star prices that would be delighted to have you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Primer153,
Thank you very much for your very nice review, it is also very kind of you to comment on our staff, the food, the rooms & the value. We do our very best to please all customers & we try our very best to treat all customers alike.
We look forward to meeting you when you visit us again & please make yourelf know to me as I would like to thank you personally for you kind review & I would like to put a "face" to Primer153.
Thank you.
kilkenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just back from out golfing holiday in Tramore ,This is our second trip and have booked again for next year . O Sheas hotel should be proud ..organised all our golf and transport to and from courses each day .Rooms are of a good size and kept very clean .Breakfast really good ..set us up for the day and dinner at night excellent ..Bacon Cesar and Peppered Steak .to die for ....
All 14 of us had a great time and all the staff were really nice and friendly .. couldn't do enough for us..well done to you all ..
looking forward to next year ......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
It was our pleasure to accommodate you & your golfing pals and to arrange your golf, we even organised the weather for you, it was lovely to see you all with suntans on your departure. The Hotel especially the bar seems much quieter in the evenings now, but we look forward to your retuen next year & please bring more golfers with you. Noreen
limerick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The younger barstaff are really friendly and welcoming but on the second day I had a very very insulting and rude comment made to me by an older lady serving me at the bar. I left really upset and I vow never to return. In this day where businesses are closing and people are losing their jobs I think they should retrain their staff on customer service and be more welcoming and appreciative of their customers. Their prices are ridiculously over the top also, this place, to me is just a glorified B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cailin beag, I am really disappointed that you were rudely treated by a senior member of staff, I have spoken with her and she cannot recall any incident. I do wish that you have spoken with me personally about the problem & I would certainly dealt with it immediately, I can now only apologise to you for this incident & do do hope that when you come to Tramore again that you will call in to see me.

Been to O'Shea's Hotel? Share your experiences!