“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tramore
Wirral U.K
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here as it was dog friendly as it turned out it was people friendly, Ok the room was a bit small but it had plenty of hot and cold water. and it was clean
Breakfast was very good and front of house more than helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, I hope that you both and most especially your dog, wnjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Ireland. If you choose to visit us again and I really hope that you will, please request a large room and I will ensure that we will reserve the largest room for you.
Once again thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went there on a pigsback voucher. It came with a bottle of wine as part of the deal. They would not give us the bottle of wine with our dinner, only given on check out?? most unusual.

Rooms are small, no lift. Would not recommend for those with prams.
Only go if you get a bargain price as noise from nightclub/pub was loud.

Lovely woman doing the breakfast. Location is great for the beach.

Room Tip: Higher up the better as less noise I guess.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Nuala McG,
Thank you for your honest review. It was our policy to give the bottle of wine on departure with the pigsback deals, as this deal was such good value- 2 nights bed & breakfast for 2 people for only €99.00 & when we pay our commission on this deal we get approx €84.00 (€21.00 per person per night for bed & full Irish Breakfast).

It is noted on our website that we do not have a lift.

Yes, we have got entertainement at the weekends during the summer season.

Thank you for you compliments to our restauntant staff - they are always cheerful & happy.
Holsworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Luke Furse Contractors stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst attending the National Ploughing Championships and the launch of the Grassmen's Keep 'Er Lit DVD.

The rooms were first class and the service was exceptional, no one could have been more helpful. The bar had a wonderful homely atmosphere where we enjoyed some Irish country music. Would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Luke Furse Guests,
It was our pleasure to accommodate you during the Ploughing Championships, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Good luck with the DVD - and I hope that the Ploughing Championships will be in this area next year again as we would love to accommodate you again.
Once again thank you for the nice review - it is very much appreciated.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I and my extended family are regular travellers to O'Sheas in Tramore, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the comments are a bit over the top. I have never witnessed an unhelpful receptionist, bad food, dirty rooms or rudeness, and to be honest I don't pay to stay in a hotel for the view out the back windows.

You get what you pay for and the food in the restraunt is top notch, and the waitresses, Maureen is a scream and would cheer up any sour puss, as is Mary the receptionist and Josie the Barmaid. O people have a talk to yourselves, give the owners the chance to rectify any problems you may have and don't wait until your back home.

And if all else fails I'm sure there's plenty of 5 star hotels with 5 star prices that would be delighted to have you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Primer153,
Thank you very much for your very nice review, it is also very kind of you to comment on our staff, the food, the rooms & the value. We do our very best to please all customers & we try our very best to treat all customers alike.
We look forward to meeting you when you visit us again & please make yourelf know to me as I would like to thank you personally for you kind review & I would like to put a "face" to Primer153.
Thank you.
kilkenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just back from out golfing holiday in Tramore ,This is our second trip and have booked again for next year . O Sheas hotel should be proud ..organised all our golf and transport to and from courses each day .Rooms are of a good size and kept very clean .Breakfast really good ..set us up for the day and dinner at night excellent ..Bacon Cesar and Peppered Steak .to die for ....
All 14 of us had a great time and all the staff were really nice and friendly .. couldn't do enough for us..well done to you all ..
looking forward to next year ......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
It was our pleasure to accommodate you & your golfing pals and to arrange your golf, we even organised the weather for you, it was lovely to see you all with suntans on your departure. The Hotel especially the bar seems much quieter in the evenings now, but we look forward to your retuen next year & please bring more golfers with you. Noreen
limerick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The younger barstaff are really friendly and welcoming but on the second day I had a very very insulting and rude comment made to me by an older lady serving me at the bar. I left really upset and I vow never to return. In this day where businesses are closing and people are losing their jobs I think they should retrain their staff on customer service and be more welcoming and appreciative of their customers. Their prices are ridiculously over the top also, this place, to me is just a glorified B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cailin beag, I am really disappointed that you were rudely treated by a senior member of staff, I have spoken with her and she cannot recall any incident. I do wish that you have spoken with me personally about the problem & I would certainly dealt with it immediately, I can now only apologise to you for this incident & do do hope that when you come to Tramore again that you will call in to see me.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed in O'Sheas hotel for one night with my parents and two children. I shared a room with my 8 month old baby, when I went to run a bath I saw that it was covered in hair shavings from somebodys legs, there was no way I was going to use it, it was foul!. Im fine with there being a pub/club downstairs just as long as I can shut the window!!. Unfortunately the seal was completely gone and it was like having a club in our bedroom at 2am. My baby woke up and did not get back to sleep!!. We were leaving at 7am as we had an early flight and were told on arrival that breakfast didnt start until 8!!!, why so late??. My Dad then had to more or less negotiate so that we could have some sandwiches delivered that night ready for the morning as we had paid for it and we had a five year old boy to feed, the Receptionist was very unhelpful and was rather haughty about the whole situation. Its not particularly cheap to stay at O'Sheas and I would have thought that the financial climate we are living in at the moment would be an incentive to offer a much better service, not impressed at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
O'SheasHotel, Owner at O'Shea's Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Good Afternoon, thank you for your review, we appreciate all reviews whether good or bad & unfortunately your review is the one that we dislike receiving, however we will take your criticism on board & hopefully no other guests will be as unhappy as you are.
On checking our cleaning reports for that day, the supervisor ticked your room as ready, so I shall have to discuss the hairs in the bath with her. I do wish that you had reported this to reception where your bathroom would have been immediately re cleaned.
I was not aware that the seal on the bedroom window was damaged- apologies.
We serve breakfast from 8am until 11am ( 3 hour service) in our restaurant & thereafter for late risers we offer breakfast in the bar all day. (from 11am to 9pm).
We regularily provide cereals, home-made brown bread & butter or sandwiches to bedrrom for guests who are leaving early.
Once again apologies, I do wish that you had discussed your unhappiness with me during your stay.
Noreen O'Shea.

Been to O'Shea's Hotel? Share your experiences!