“Stunning Beach made the key difference for our Coaching Workshop” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Redbarn Beach, Youghal, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Youghal
Ballydavid, Ireland
“Stunning Beach made the key difference for our Coaching Workshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Returned again to the Quality Hotel to do a Coaching Workshop with twelve high quality Clients, the atmosphere and ambience in the training room was perfect. The Staff were very competent and friendly. Al of my Clients commented favorably on the whole experience. Even my Accountant smiled at the value for money, quite a rarity! I look forward to bringing my next Coaching Group there, can't wait!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for your recent business and I am delighted to recieve such positive feedabck. We look forward to welocminmg both your and your clients again in the future.
Best regards Allen Mc Enery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Stayed at hotel for 4 nights recently over the Easter break. Travelled with a toddler and delighted with our choice. Ideal hotel for children as all ages seem to be catered for - kiddies club, cinema, games room etc. The pool is user friendly even with a toddler (nice plus having a playpen in the changing rooms). I availed of treatment in the spa and got great attention. The staff are very pleasant and friendly - of particular note the dining staff who attended to our son and our every request with great care and kindness. Of note too, Therese at front desk, who arranged that we view an apartment before our check out. Good customer service on her part as we have booked another break in June on the strenght of it! The beauty of the hotel in my opinon is the beach side location - no having to travel to the beach by car and a post breakfast and dinner stroll was just so easy! Overall, a great family friendly hotel where all the family are catered for! Yougal is just a short trip by car and has loads of nice little cafes and there appears to be a big Centra in the centre for those who opt to self-cater.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review and we are glad to hear in particular that you found us to be attnetive and caring to you and your family. The home holiday leisure business is our main market so glad to see we are performing. We were delighted to that you got such great weather, it certainly helps. Anyway thanks again and we hope you will return again in the future. Allen Mc Enery - General Manager
Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We have just arrived home from a 3 day stay in the Quality Hotel in Youghal and it was probably one of the best holidays we have had in years.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment that was perfect for a young family. The apartments are spotless and have everything you would need for a self catering holiday. The view from our balcony overlooked the beach and it was breathtaking.
We had dinner in Lannigans restaurant on our first night and the food and service was excellent. All the staff are a credit to the hotel. They are friendly, helpful and most professional. I would like to single out Alana on the reception desk especially as she is a pleasure to deal with. I don't think we will ever be able to go anywhere else for our family holidays again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Hi, thank you very much indeed for this review, it is great to recieve such feedback. Alana is delighted also as she is a new memebr of the Front Office team and the review has worked wonders for her confidence. Thanks again and hope to see you back. Allen Mc Enery - General Manager
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have never wrote a review before, however I feel that after staying in the Quality Hotel and Leisure Centre Youghal I had to inform people what a lovely place it really is.
Lucy greeted me on the phone the day I enquired about availability. I new instantly that we were going to have a lovely time. She was a pleasure to deal with. On arrival I was lucky to meet Lucy who greeted me with a smile and some pleasant conversation that only the irish are known for! The Apartment we were allocated was on the ground floor and had a seaview. The kids were estatic at hearing the sound of the rolling seas when you opened your door. My children at 5,3 and 2 so quite a lively bunch! After eating a great breakfast in the dining room we walked the beach each morning - we could have been on a private island in Fiji it was so peaceful! My two youngest had a great time at "key camp" again the staff were superb. Of course by the end of our stay my feet were becoming webbed from all the swimming! I couldn't thank the hotel and leisure centre staff enough. We had a great time and look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Hi, thank you for your generous review, we are delighted you and your family enojoyed your break by the sea. Lucy is also delighted to get a mention. Hope to see you again. Allen Mc Enery - General Manager
Roscommon, Ireland.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I stayed here a few times, just never reviewed it before. We usually stay in one of the apartments which is ideal for a family with teenagers as it has 2 rooms so everyone has their space! Situated right on the beach, most apartments have at least a side sea view I think, I've generally been lucky and had a side sea view. The staff are friendly and the bar is welcoming and cosy. I've always enjoyed the food here and found they catered to everyones taste. They offer phenomenal value for money especially off season. I see in some sites they are listed as pet friendly. I asked about this the last time I was there and was told that I could bring my dog if I paid an extra cleaning charge of €50 for the stay no matter how long the stay. I think this is reasonable and as there are not too many pet friendly hotels in Ireland I'm always happy to come across one. My absolute favourite thing about this hotel is that the apartments are always lovely and warm. I find some hotels are cutting back on heating nowadays but not this one which makes it fab for a winter break - all cosied up looking out at the sea! The only thing I dont like about this place is that they charge fairly prohibitively for internet access.This is the only reason why I've given this place 4 stars instead of 5. I think this is mean and a mistake on their part as so many hotels now offer free internet access. This actually puts me off staying here a bit but its the only downside as far as I'm concerned. Its a really cosy, friendly, value for money getaway in a nice location otherwise.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
AllenMcEnery, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal, responded to this review, February 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoy the apartments and I will certainly review of internet / WIFI policy. We have two public PC's in the lobby but these are provided by a third party and they set the charge. We have WIFI available in the public area's of the hotel and there is a nominal charge for this. We wil consider offering this free for all residents at the hotel.
Thanks again. Allen Mc Enery
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

The pictures of the hotel look good, but once you go to the place, there's really nothing nice about the place. The apartments are dirty. The customer service is really bad. Things are not keep up for the large amount of tourists they have. Youghal is not a hot destination so there's nothing much to do there. The beach is a bit dirty and of course, you cannot swim in that cold water.

We requested some help with our washer and dryer and no one helped us. My in-laws went and asked for extra pillows and they wouldn't give them any extra. The food was pretty bad and expensive.

The internet is very expensive here and the connection is very slow. The pool needs upgrading and the water could be a little bit warmer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for your review and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. It is a quiet time of the year so the area is generally quiet. I have checked with both John & Sean the two Duty Managers that were on duty the night you stayed and they have no recollection of any dis satisfied customers during or after service. Thank you anyway for your feedback. Allen McEnery
portlaoise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

myself ,my husband and our two young daughters stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and i must say that we had a fantastic time.staff are so friendly and helpful.rooms were spotless and comfortable.beach just practically outside the front door, a dream for our girls ! leisure centre was also very good. over all a really great place and we will definately be back next year without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your generous review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for taking the time to submit this review. I agree the location for families is excellent. The beach is serviced by the County Council in the summer as well as have a fulltime lifeguard presence. We hope to see you again in the future. Regards Allen McEnery

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal? Share your experiences!