“Great icecream” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Youghal
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fantastic Flavours offers an old-fashioned artisan ice cream parlour feel with booth seating, individual tables, good music, great location and on-street parking. We are only 1 block from the historic clocktower in the Youghal Town Centre (We also have a shop in historic Cobh next to the Titanic Experience). All of our ice cream is made from local ingredients whenever possible - with the ice cream being made by Miceal O'Hurley, our artisan ice cream maker - directly on our premises! Fantastic Flavours is also fortunate to employ Elena Lascu who is Deaf who is undertaking an apprentice programme under Miceal's direction to learn the artisan ice cream craft. We have Youghal's most convenient FREE Wifi broadband service for our customers. We have seating for 20+ people, outdoor seating (weather permitting), toilets with baby-changing facilities and high chairs.
Cork, Ireland
“Great icecream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Popped in the other day for a mint ice cream and found it delicious .hope you go from strength to strength.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cork
“I like ice-cream! Who knew!!! :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I have never considered myself to be a big ice-cream fan. However I was pleasantly surprised to discover recently that I was wrong! On a recent visit to this quaint ice-cream parlour I was served up the most delicious and mouthwateringly creamy delight. I have been converted! There's a wonderful sense of fun and warmth in this establishment..lots of amusing and historical reading material on the walls. Friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere.

Best ice-cream I have ever tasted!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Youghal, Ireland
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Service is good and the atmosphere is nice.
Is the place where I eat with pleasure a good ice cream or a coffe.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cork
“Overpriced and major let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Just have to say this place is way too over priced its a big let down the staff member a girl didnt know what she doing and got our orders wrong how hard is it to serve two cones seriously?the owner was sitting down on his laptop and didnt even look up at us.would not be be rushing back here

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
HolidayMakerIn2013, Manager at Fantastic Flavours Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
I am at a loss concerning your review, especially as TripAdvisor had removed your previous review for being ABUSIVE. While I appreciate that customers are entitled to their opinions, that you anonymously use this forum to complain after being verbally abusive to my staff is simply disgraceful. I also note that every single review you have written on Tripadvisor rates the establishments as TERRIBLE. As you feel that there is not a single business capable of being rated more than Terrible, I can only say I feel us to be in good company. And before I get lambasted - let me just say that as if your raking ever business you have visited as Terrible (some of them are renown for their quality and service) I can only say the conduct of your party, the demands and condescending way in we you treated us as servants (we are pleased to serve anyone - but we are not servants to be treated with contempt) was distasteful. If you cannot see that rating every business as Terrible says more about you than the hard working people who attempt to serve you then I cannot be of greater service. You owe my server an apology for treating her so badly and resorting to try to harm us online because we would not allow you to act in this contemptuous manner is simply wrong. My server is a university student, who earned distinctions and to imply she was incapable of taking an order for two ice creams is beyond belief, its mean and cruel. Say what you like about me - but you have done her a tremendous disservice simply because she could not meet your expectations any more than any of the other businesses you sought to destroy through uniformly terrible ratings. I have a hard time believing everywhere you visit is terrible and the staff are horrible. Shame.
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I passed the shop one day and said i would pop in. Got mint ice cream single scoop. though it was extremely tasteless. And soft rather than being more icy.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
HolidayMakerIn2013, Owner at Fantastic Flavours Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. I regret that you did not enjoy our mint ice cream - it is are best selling ice cream amongst adults and regularly gets high praise. As for the "soft" nature of our ice cream - we serve ice cream at the correct temperature which is softer than home freezers. The reason for this is that ice cream should not be "icy" and indeed creamy. I hope you will try us again and enjoy one of our more than 42 flavours. Thank you again for your comments.