“Great lunch and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

The Old Imperial Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 North Main Street, Youghal, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Youghal
Cork Ireland
“Great lunch and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Had a great lunch today, my friend ordered do steak sandwich, I had d goats cheese salad. We were really impressed, food and presentation excellent and value for money. Staff really friendly too. Wish I had ordered d steak sandwich after seeing it come out, I will do next time :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Lisa D
Thank you for your upbeat review of your lunch visit here. We do our utmost to ensure that our gusts enjoy their experience. We look forward to seeing you again.
Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Old Imperial Hotel on 6th of November. We arrived around 7 pm and was welcomed by owner Mark Golden. He gave us one of the best rooms in the hotel. It was very spacious and well appointed. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was the best I had in Ireland. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. My friend mentioned that his Irish coffee was a bit weaker than he thought and Mark didn't charge for it. I work in the same field so I noticed the details and everything was perfect with my stay at the Old Imperial Hotel. Anyone visiting Cork, I will recommend staying at the Old Imperial Hotel in Youghal as Cork is pretty close from there. You will not find a better place anywhere in the area. Definitely will be back here when I am in Ireland and I will recommend this place to anyone. Keep up the good work Mark and his team.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pratheesh T
Thank you for your your exuberant review which we greatly appreciate. The whole team here work together to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience. We look forward to having you stay again should you be in the area.
kind regards
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

On the annual vist to Youghal from the UK, and a second visit to the Old Imperial Hotel for dinner. My wife and I both had the pan-roasted cod with black olive tapinade and caper sauce on mash. Wonderful taste, absolutely brilliant. I hope it's on the menu next year as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean C
Thank you for your your positive words and we look forward to seeing you when you are next in the area.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in Youghal today to visit my father. We went to the Old Imperial for lunch as I've always heard great things about its food and sadly never got a chance to visit except for the occasional coffee. Both my father and I had the Fish Pie special and were both delighted with it.
Service was very friendly and efficient.
If i ever get a chance to go back again I will without hesitation.
Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Munster_Rover
Thank you for your positive words relating to your visit with ourselves and we are glad that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to playing host again soon.
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visited Youghal last week and ate at The Old Imperial Hotel on both nights,firstly the food,it was first class,cooked to perfection,tasty and the portions were huge,we had the Steak the first night and it was the best we have had anywhere,and as for the desserts they were out of this world if you could indeed manage one! Secondly the service we received,all the staff couldn't have been more helpful,friendly and attentive but I must single out Christine,who treated us like we were close friends not visitors,whatever you pay the lass Mark it's not enough,can't wait until next March when we return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DougBarber
Thank you for your very kind words regarding your time in our care. The staff appreciate the positive encouragement. Regarding Christine she is indeed a gem who having been with us from day one is a vital cog in the machine. We look forward to playing host again in the future all going well.
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As a treat, I was taken to the Old Imperial for Sunday lunch. The steak was sublime, the service equally so. One of the owners was mucking in with the serving staff, which is always great to see. This was the nicest meal I've had in a long time, and returning here would fulfil my concept of a treat. I will recommend to all without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michael_Mallow
Thank you for your kind words regarding your lunch visit with ourselves. We all have the same job to do here in my opinion, and that is, to ensure that our guests enjoy their time in our care.
Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining in this Hotel. We had hoped for a good meal and ended up thoroughly impressed by the calibre of both the meal and the service.
All staff went out of their way to ensure our needs were met, Mark even taking the time to guide us with his local knowledge with our travel plans the following day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie-Anne H
Thank you very much for your kind words about your time in our care. We aim to ensure that all our guest are happy in our care. We hope to play host again should you ever be in the area.
Warm wishes
Proprietor

Been to The Old Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!