“Great weekend Break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cavan
Dublin, Ireland
“Great weekend Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just back from staying at the Radisson Blu Cavan for the third time. Very pleased with the service and genuine effort to help each guest have an enjoyable stay. From the moment we arrived were met by the very friendly and professional receptionist Sonia. We had mistakenly booked a queen bed and when we realised and asked for two twin beds this was sorted out quickly and with minimum fuss by Sonia who went to a lot of trouble to sort us out with exactly what we wanted. We had just reached our lovely room when the phone rang and it was Sonia asking if our room was satisfactory! We were both very impressed with this level of friendly and genuine service from the get go. We ate in the bar the first night and in the restaurant the second. All our servers were very friendly and helpful and the food was very good. Really enjoyed the spa and pool area as the weather was fabulous. Lots of iced water available poolside and coffee and juices upstairs in the spa area. Have to say it is the friendliness of the staff that mean we will definitely be returning to this hotel again,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, General Manager at Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear tcarroll64

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor Review and delighted that you enjoyed your third visit!

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding staff and I am glad that they were able to sort out the issue regarding twin beds to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon.

Andrew Drysdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in early June 2013 with family over to see relations in Cavan area. This was second visit to this hotel and we will certainly stay there again.

The ambiance is superb. The staff are friendly, competent and helpful. Rooms are well equipped with robes etc. Clearly I can't speak for every room but the view from ours and other family member's rooms was super.

Good variety of breakfast options in a very spacious dining room. Didn't have dinner in the hotel during this visit but las time it was very good.

I would confidently recomment this hotel to anyone in the almost 100% certainty that they would have as enjoyable a stay as we did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MartinT477

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor Review and delighted that you enjoyed the hotel so much.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again to Farnham Estate!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed there recently with a bunch of lads on a golfing weekend. I could not fault the hotel. Bar food was good. rooms were excellent with a lovely shower. Pool area was very good. We ate in the restauraunt one night and both food and service was very good. After we left I realised that I had left a pair of shoes in my room. I contacted the hotel and they posted them out to me straight away at no charge. Excellent service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Starry99

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review and delighted that you enjoyed your golfing break here at Farnham Estate.

Thank you also for your lovely comments regarding staff and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon.

Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

A weekend away with my husband turned into 2 weeks of very strong antibiotics after a visit to the Farnham Estate in Cavan. There Spa/Swimming Pool is obviously not cleaned to very high standards as I unfortunately picked up a water born bacteria which left me very ill. At no stage did I see any staff checking the ph levels or cleaning/moping/tidying the spa/swimming pool area, which is not good for a 4 star hotel. Yes the rooms are nice but the restaurant food needs a major uplift.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Lesliava,
Thank you for your tripadvisor review,
I am sorry to hear of the unfortunate ear infection you developed. Our pool is tested every 2 hours for PH, temperature and chlorine levels and I am suprised to read you did not see any staff member in the area. As our pool area is part of our Spa we do not conduct water tests in front of relaxing guests but rather opt to conduct these behind the scenes.
Further to your request the HSE conducted an inspection of our pool cleanliness and procedures and gave us a "100% satisfactory" result. We also engage third party consultants who reguarly conduct suprise audits to ensure our health and safety practices are compliant throughout our spa facility.
I can totally understand the discomfort you experienced from an ear infection but I can assure you we operate a very clean and well maintained indoor and outdoor infinity pool. As you can appreciate our outdoor pool is exposed to the elements so we are extra vigilant in this area.
I do hope that you overall enjoyed your stay, and that this incident has not detterred you from returning to Farnham Estate Golf and Spa Resort.

Kind Regards
Larne Co. Antrim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've stayed in Farnham now six times and each time it just gets better and better. The professional and welcoming staff cannot be more helpful. Rooms have lovely ambiance and lovely touches not provided in other 4* hotels eg. robes, ice bucket etc.(ice machine on each floor).
The spa is fantastic with 3 different steam rooms, sauna, fabulous indoor and outdoor infinity pool, snail and foot showers etc. Weather was so good we were able to sunbathe outside. The lounging areas are really relaxing. There's even flavoured water on tap!!
The golf course has improved by leaps and bounds since my first time playing a number of years ago. The greens and tee boxes are excellent and drainage has improved greatly. Very reasonable green fees too.
I love the super variety of food at breakfast and fast, efficient service. I really can't fault this hotel and will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms have lovely little outdoor patio and are closer to the spa.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AntrimTraveller

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor Review and delighted that you enjoy your visits to Farnham Estate so much.

Looking forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a dozen times, it's only a few miles from where I live. I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world & am grateful every time that I'm in the Radisson that it is on my door step; no long drive or flights, great food, atmosphere & staff that go above & beyond. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear sophias-choice

Thank you so much for your lovely TripAdvisor Review.

Delighted that the enjoy your visits to the hotel and thank you also for your lovely comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Farnham Estate sometime soon!

Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Unfortunately for me I had a one night stay on a business trip. The Farnham Estate is wonderful, an individual golf course is set away from the hotel. There are country walks for various distances
around the large estate. Despite the golf course there are many acres of open countryside / lakes.
The hotel itself is very well appointed, large rooms with a spacious bathroom. Furnishing are perfect for the setting & style. My dinner was first class as was the following morning's breakfast.
I will certainly come back went I am able, & if I can negotiate with my wife my golf clubs will come too !

Room Tip: Don't worry most rooms seem to be of high quality.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard B

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor REview and your lovely comments regarding the hotel and it's amenities.

Looking forward to welcoming you back sometime soon and hopefully you will get to bring the golf clubs next time!

Andrew Drysdale

Been to Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan? Share your experiences!