“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road, Cavan, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cavan
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this Hotel.
Absolutely fab!! Well done to all Staff especially the girls on the Front desk.
They are extremely friendly but professional at the same time!!
The meal we had in the Opus restaurant was probably one of the nicest I have ever had...the little touches go a long way!!!
Would definitely return!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Stayed in this hotel one night with a group of 5 female friends. We were using this hotel as a stop off point on long car journey and booked not having prior knowledge of this hotel. We were more than pleasantly surprised from start to finish. Bedrooms of ample and comfortable size. Had dinner in the Opus One Restaurant and delighted with the menu which was very competively priced in these recessionary times. The meal was excellent - congrats to the kitchen staff. We used the leisure centre early in the morning and found it clean and well run. Breakfast menu the following morning was even better - excellent choice - top notch!! We were then accomodated with a late checkout without a problem which was greatly appreciated as we did not have to leave until 2pm and weather was not great. Staff at this hotel could not have been more professional and friendly from start to finish. Utopia beauty salon also a pleasant experience and this hotel also has a hair salon which is rare in hotels these days.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Stayed there at a conference and I was shocked at the rates for broadband usage In this modern age with broadband prices at an all time low Nearly every hotel offers free wifi but not here Apart from that our stay was enjoyable

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

My wife and young son stayed there last weekend, and found the hotel to be very clean, with nice well appointed bedrooms and excellent breakfasts each day, served in the Opus One restaurant. The big find for us was the exceptional food in the restaurant, which we visited twice during our stay. I have to say that the food was excellent, service was prompt and I would highly recommend the restaurant.
The leisure centre was fine, the pool was well maintained and clean although the surrounds were a bit basic and could be improved. The Atrium Bar was a strange bar...the layout seemed a bit thrown together, with a large dancefloor in the middle surrounded by armchairs...not the best for atmposphere or ambience. The bar food was hit and miss...my wife had a beef sandwich, which consisted of 2 slices of white pan with 3 thick cut slices of beef plonked on top...my BLT was however very tasty. The staff ranged from the very helpful and friendly, through to adequate and brusque. I think that some might need a bit of customer service training.
Overall, we found the Hotel very clean, bedrooms well stocked and the restaurant of a very high standard. With a few tweaks, the Cavan Crystal could be a top notch destination.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Meath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

We just stayed in this hotel over the weekend and the room very excellent. Very large and very clean. The reception area is stunning and with all the Christmas decorations up it looks very festive. The one thing we did notice about the public areas is they were very warm almost to the point I was getting a head ache.

I found one member of staff very rude on both check in and check out (I think her name was Una or Orlagh) I tried to make friendly conversation when checking in and she was very blunt. I seemed to be unfortunate to have the same girl for check out, no smile or polite "did you enjoy your stay" I felt like she was annoyed that I disturbed her. It is a pity that one member of staff can let a place down.

I found all other staff very friendly and polite.

I found the price for the room was expensive considering hotels in Ireland have reduced there prices by an average of 20%, The Cavan Crystal has not, room was the same price as I paid over a year ago.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

My reason for this trip was a sad one, so the open and friendly staff on arrival really made us feel welcome. The hotel was immaculate and the lobby itself was stunning. The bar was lovely as was the barman, and the rooms were large, immaculate and with complimentary items etc.

The breakfast was just amazing, so much choice and again, with really friendly staff. We had recieved a voucher for a free evening meal in the restaurant, and I have to say, the three courses were bordering on michelan star quality. Once again, all the waiting staff were awesome.

I usually stay with relatives when I come to Cavan, but on this occasion I really enjoyed my stay in Cavan Crystal in my favourite Irish town.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Cavan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

The room and the service were up to a high standard the only downfall for me was the choice of food the provided in the restaurant this could be improved. But otherwise I can recommend this place and I will return myself.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Cavan Crystal Hotel? Share your experiences!